• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What kind of helmet are you guys using?

S
Howdie. I'm new to snowmobiling and would like to get all my gear ready before the deep snow falls. That being said, I'm trying to find a good helmet. I don't really want to break the bank, but then again, how much is my head worth? Anyway I've been looking at "best snowmobiling helmets of 2022" lists and have noticed that all the suggested helms have a visor all ready installed, but in all the snowmobiling Youtubes that I've watched everyone has goggles?

So I figured I would check and see what helms you guys are running.

All comments are welcome and appreciated.

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
The helmets with built in visors are usually worn by trail riders. They good helmets but a lot of times they don't have the venting like the moto/snocross style helmets have that are better for more active riding. If you are planning on doing more trail riding I would get a helmet with the built in visor but if you are going to be more active get a mountain style helmet. FXR is a solid brand with a variety of price ranges from cheaper to higher end. Tobe is my prefered brand after owning FXR and 509 but all of the higher end helmets are good.

Turbo Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2021
On top of the mountain
509 has a very good verity of helmets and very comfortable. Klim f3 is my personal choice but is very pricey. At a certain point money buys lighter weight and does not increase safety. A safe helmet is a well fitting helmet.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Howdie. I'm new to snowmobiling and would like to get all my gear ready before the deep snow falls. That being said, I'm trying to find a good helmet. I don't really want to break the bank, but then again, how much is my head worth? Anyway I've been looking at "best snowmobiling helmets of 2022" lists and have noticed that all the suggested helms have a visor all ready installed, but in all the snowmobiling Youtubes that I've watched everyone has goggles?

So I figured I would check and see what helms you guys are running.

All comments are welcome and appreciated.
You won't find a better helmet than the Klim F5 or F3 carbon. Lightweight, a lot of venting and cold liner. I've been riding in over since 2016. Message me if you have any questions, we do sell them as well.

D

davidclark

Banned
Jan 31, 2023
United States
I consume never been able to find the perfect helmet. That is until I tried out the Interceptor by Z5 Sports. The Interceptor has a unique design with an combined chin strap that ensures a better fit. If you using to helmet take class for me for riding first. This helmet has aeration, which is particularly significant for me because I have a lot of sweat. I like the style of this helmet, as well as the fact that it is low profile and won't hinder my outlying vision.

Premium Features