• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

West Yellowstone Local-Looking for people to ride with-free guide!

S

sthelenssldnx

Dec 8, 2013
Island Park, ID
No trails. Just mountain riding. The last two years I have lived in the IP/West Yellowstone area in the winter just so that I can ride and yes I am a sled addict. No shame! I know the area very well including spots away from the crowds. I meet new people every year and I am always looking for new riding buddies, I am very easy going. If you live here or are just visiting and are an avid able bodied sledder, please reach out, I would like to hear from you. I don't care if you are young or old so long as have a sled meant for the mountains and like to challenge yourself. I can't ride everyday but I work from home and can set my own schedule, aside for when I have to travel for business. Just message me and I will give you my #. Thanks for reading my post...-Riley

C
Sep 5, 2011
Hi Riley, I am interested in doing some riding, and looking for someone to ride with. I live in elliston, which is just outside of Helena. I will be free for a couple months starting Jan 1, and bought my first m8 that has less than a mile on it, so ya I'm anxious. Hit me up if you would like a riding partner. Thanks, Corey. 406 437 2523

S

sthelenssldnx

Dec 8, 2013
Island Park, ID
put it this way, we already have more snow in our yard right now than anytime the previous two years. its been cold so its pure powder. Normally I dig that but it is almost too much of a good thing. The base is finally starting to firm up so the landmine issue is dropping. But it has also been windy when it snows so there are still some areas that only have a foot or two and others that have 10' in drifts. it is challenging riding for those not accustomed to deep dry powder. Like riding an ice skate...sleds are almost too easy to lean on their side right now.

S
Dec 26, 2016
Hey, my names Sal. I'll be out Jan 26,27,28. Coming from NY. I've been out 3-4 times before, I've been racing watercross for 20 years. Looking for someone who could get a couple of us off the beaten path. With only 3 days to ride we don't wanna play follow the leader. If your available that would be fantastic. Love to do some climbing and play in the powder, not kill myself in avalanches. I just joined SW to answer your post. If you're interested please call or text me. (516) 458-9113 Sal
Thanx

S

sthelenssldnx

Dec 8, 2013
Island Park, ID
Thanks to all of you that replied via private message. Please keep them coming, I will be here through the end of March. Best snow year in years so far...I don't always jump on the forum to check the thread so just call/text me at 503-333-6154 if interested. Thx.

S

sthelenssldnx

Dec 8, 2013
Island Park, ID
Probably rode with 50+ new friends this year but my time in West Yellowstone/IP is coming to a close in a few weeks. Gotta head back to Oregon for the spring season. riding this weekend and next with some local friends and some snowest people. If you want to join us let me know and thanks again for all of you that reached out. ...Until next year!!!

Premium Features