• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trail tech voyager for us doo owners

CISC0

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2010
PNW=WA
So you don’t have to turn It on after you stop for a few minutes, and can manipulate it without it turning off because of low battery.
My bad, I only use it while sled is running. Never thought of using it while sled is off. If i where to go that way I'd use a Milwaukee 12V Fuel battery wired in line with a cheap amazon battery adapter...........

hushpuff

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2016
The voyager pro has a built in battery - unit instructions state that it will run for up to 1 hour on internal battery. That said, the unit I installed last year never charged and would only function while the sled was running. Wouldn't even charge when plugged into a wall outlet.

S
Dec 4, 2009
If you can charge every night the internal battery works fine for single days. I use the dock that comes with it then bought the 110 charger to charge after each ride. I use the hd aluminum dock on the sled. Please post pics on a battery install too please.

E9F2B0BC-FCB7-43C4-8BB7-072F0DF42504.jpeg

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
Thats what I thought too, I read it only last like an hour though? That seems like enough unless you shut your sled off for an hour at lunch or something?
In the real world if you touch the screen when your engine is off, and it is cold , your screen time is minimal!

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC
In the real world if you touch the screen when your engine is off, and it is cold , your screen time is minimal!
I have the Garmin 680. Doesn’t have buddy tracking (downfall) however is good for 4+hrs in the cold…. sled off. The battery charges while sled is running however if it didn’t charge there is the option of 3-AA. Has Google Earth and/or BackRoad maps.

991089AC-8E19-4DD1-A422-696F761EE75B.jpeg FEE1DDD6-C40F-4446-A301-6A304FCD8E4C.jpeg

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
@christopher What did you say the wait time was? I ordered one yesterday ( voyager pro ) says it ships in 2-3 days? I'll just put it on a dirt bike for spring/summer if it ends up here in April/May.
When I spoke to Voyager, they asked me to WAIT TILL APRIL 1st as they had stock issues right now AND had a software upgrade coming out that would be ready towards the end of March.

So I planned this as a Summer or maybe LATE LATE spring project.

Premium Features