• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Timbersled Belt Drive

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
They did, and there was. We have a brace plate that should help with the lateral flex. We are going to spend a little time testing this in abuse situations to insure that it will be strong. I don't think we will have kits until around Christmas, and won't sell anything unless we get it proven in the real world. A LOT of guys want this right now, but it is not worth having issues later just to get some $$$ today.

M
Jan 14, 2004
They did, and there was. We have a brace plate that should help with the lateral flex. We are going to spend a little time testing this in abuse situations to insure that it will be strong. I don't think we will have kits until around Christmas, and won't sell anything unless we get it proven in the real world. A LOT of guys want this right now, but it is not worth having issues later just to get some $$$ today.

That's the spirit, sound thinking rather than pi$$ing all your customers off if something goes bad.

M5

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Still in development is the word I got. I Like the idea. I need less rolling resistance that's for sure.

cbc76am

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2016
Bothell WA
I've been waiting for that. I already ordered a standard 520 to run in there. IT just didn't make sense to add the resistance when no water / dirt is getting in the links. Thanks for sharing.

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
No. It wont until Polaris dumps Allan's way of building the frame. Each frame comes out heat warped. Belts only run on true surfaces. Chains on the other hand run but wear out the chain and/or sprocket.
They will never come out with a kit because no two TS frame/backbones are the same. If they tell you they have it, ask for a warranty on the belt.
Sorry, it is what it is. Save your money and ride it to death as is.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
No. It wont until Polaris dumps Allan's way of building the frame. Each frame comes out heat warped. Belts only run on true surfaces. Chains on the other hand run but wear out the chain and/or sprocket.
They will never come out with a kit because no two TS frame/backbones are the same. If they tell you they have it, ask for a warranty on the belt.

Haha
You are aware they did that?

It’s called the aro.

It just rode over the rock you were under. ;)

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana
Haha
You are aware they did that?

It’s called the aro.

It just rode over the rock you were under. ;)

OH, thank you. How does the belt drive work on that ARO? OOPS, I see the belts under this rock. Polaris will steal that idea maybe next year.
Sorry the old TS riders will still have to wait. If you had a clue you would know this belt drive in question is for the older TS units. These guys want to improve the old junk and not shell out coin for the new.
But Hey, you are the info winner.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
OH, thank you. How does the belt drive work on that ARO? OOPS, I see the belts under this rock. Polaris will steal that idea maybe next year.
Sorry the old TS riders will still have to wait. If you had a clue you would know this belt drive in question is for the older TS units. These guys want to improve the old junk and not shell out coin for the new.
But Hey, you are the info winner.

It was a joke.
Take a breath........
In with the good out with the anger.

Snowman269

Lifetime Membership
Nov 13, 2010
CO, MN, MI

I've never inspected how straight and square my timbersled skids are. Now I'm curious.

I'm definitely interested in freeing up any friction or drag since we are dealing with low power output.

M
Jan 14, 2004
Honestly, if you want a belt drive you pretty much need to buy a kit that was designed with one. There's no point putting anymore money into older kits, the benefits would be minimal and the money better spent on fuel. In a year or two you wont be able to give away a pre 16 TS or any other kit for that matter.

M5

mrsnow

Premium Member
Dec 30, 2008
Tensioner

Why is the tensioner pushing outwards instead of inwards like just about every belt application there is. Inward keeps more belt on the pulleys. Just wandering ?

TreewellDweller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
McCall, Idaho
So, the new ARO Timbersled has a belt drive for a final drive? I am having trouble finding that information on their website.
Please explain!

Premium Features