• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stock ski pads fix?

F
Oct 19, 2011
as you can see mine were toast!
I used the rev rubbers, thanks to nemesis88 for the idea to trim the ramps, I did this as well. Rubbers fit perfect - a must do for everyone!

ski2.jpg ski1.jpg

P

Peevo

Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
I don't think its just the rubber that's the problem. Same problem on the XM. It just takes longer for them to break.

The reason for that I think is with the pro you dig down the skis when ridining technically and playing around. With the XM the skis are mostly above the snow when sidehilling and stuff like that. It's just when you do tight technical stuff and dodge trees you wear the rubbers on the XM.

My vote for this is softer skis and harder rubbers/nylon. I like to use trees so softer skis would destroy the first couple of ridning days.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Between two sleds we went through 3 sets of stock rubbers this year, one set of SLP (didnt last a half a ride), 2 sets of C&A lasted about 3 rides each.

Finally thanks to this thread we found the rev rubbers. Have about 10 rides each on both sets and they are still working perfect. Must do mod for any pro and its only $20. Even if you have never noticed an issue with the stock ones I guarantee you will like the doo ones so much better just makes the front end more predictable.

I dont understand why polaris wont address this issue. Someday someone is going to get seriously injured from those worthless stock rubbers and they will have plenty of people to back them up in how dangerous they are in a case against polaris.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Between two sleds we went through 3 sets of stock rubbers this year, one set of SLP (didnt last a half a ride), 2 sets of C&A lasted about 3 rides each.

Finally thanks to this thread we found the rev rubbers. Have about 10 rides each on both sets and they are still working perfect. Must do mod for any pro and its only $20. Even if you have never noticed an issue with the stock ones I guarantee you will like the doo ones so much better just makes the front end more predictable.

I dont understand why polaris wont address this issue. Someday someone is going to get seriously injured from those worthless stock rubbers and they will have plenty of people to back them up in how dangerous they are in a case against polaris.

Be careful...Oregonsledder will rip you.

I did better than you. I got 5 rides on the C&A's....

I agree on this being a huge saftey issue for Polaris. There is something going on with the machining of the ski bolt hole in the ski (mine are oblong) and the spindle.

I guess I'm not convinced the Doo rubbers won't eventually do the same thing unless you machine the ribs down and give the rubber a flat surface.

Check out this thread and you will see what I mean. Pay attention to the bottom of the C&A rubbers and a few posts down the pic of the oblong hole in the ski.

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=368181

Last edited:

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
are there problems with the stock pads and slp brackets and their skis?

G

gdhillon

Nov 29, 2012
Prince George BC
I just got a pair of doo rubbers and am having quite the rough time getting the bolt through.

I've beaten on it to the pint of slightly bending the bolt, any way I can do some light massaging with my grinder to get the doo rubber to fit better?

D

dp2826

Dec 31, 2007
NW Iowa
Cut the ramps off as Nemesis describes above, I think this also helps keep them flat and centered. Also put a 2x4 under the edge of the ski and let the weight of the sled down.

429dhm

Sep 29, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Anybody change to the new Ayxs 2016 Rmk Pads, there is a new part number. I believe the foot of the spindle changed on the 2016 maybe that's why there was a part change.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
The foot of the spindle did change, the front is longer. I destroyed a ski rubber on my AXYS the other day, ripped almost in half, but was able to ride the rest of the day without issue since the foot is long enough to hit the ski bottom and prevent it from coming all the way up under normal riding. Looks like I will still be carrying a spare rubber, just like I did with the PRO's.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
A dab of grease on top of the rubber helps the rubber not rip.
In fact its the only reason the doo rubbers last very long.

I tore up a couple dry ones.
After greasing the tops it's been a full season with no signs of failure.
That was on my old pro.

My axys has been good with stock rubbers.

G

Geezer

Nov 28, 2007
Gig Harbor, Washington
ski pads

I just put a 1/8 inch piece of aluminum under the stock pad and that made them nice and tight. Had to do the 2x4 method to get bolt in but wasn't very difficult. Also I just saw that sled solutions makes a hard rubber insert that goes under the stock ski rubber that fixes this problem. Geezer.

Premium Features