• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spokane Area Riders Snow Report for E. Washington N Idaho & W. Montana post 28,869

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
The easy way is to put your new pics into it own album each time you down load, then on the right hand side of you screen you will see slide show, right click and copy shortcut come back to snowest reply box and paste

Or click on your pick and click on the bottom line then right click and copy and paste they changed it up a bit, so you have to turn the box blue first then right click.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
i'm at the hospital in boise right now waiting for matt to get back from the mri... he is alive which is the biggest part. so far we know he has a broken femur, and some seperated ribs.... he will make it tho he's a strong guy with good faith. every one please pray for him.
Jeremy

Last edited:
J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Matt is still unconsious and has a broken femur this is coming from his brother Jon. Took six hours for life flight to get him out and he was burried for sometime before being found.

This hits way too close to home I rode McCall friday and yesterday with Phil and Hestin and would have rode with them today if I didn't have to study for an upcoming exam.

Jon is suppose to keep me updated and I will pass it on when I know more please keep Matt in your thoughts and prayers.

i was the one that found him, he was burried for maybe 1-2 minutes he had a hand sticking through the snow luckily, it took about 2 hours for rescue teams to show up and they life flighted him from the brundage parking lot

Last edited:
C
Feb 1, 2008
Deer Park WA
Pics now

009.jpg
010.jpg
018.jpg
013.jpg
Robbie.jpg
Thecrew.jpg

Hopefully that worked

G
Oct 18, 2002
be careful guys, we got 2 to 3 feet here in mccall and in a mile we saw/triggered 6 avys. the first 2 were very small. but big fractures. the next 3 were a bit bigger but not much run out. then we got to a hillside with some more trees on it figuring it was safer. not true. John broke a slide of thankfully after he was on top that broke approx. 1000 feet wide and 700-800 foot run out. bigest one ive ever seen. be careful.

Had the conditions in McCall gotten any better since this was posted on Friday?

My thoughts and prayers go out to you Matt, we rode together once up at Roman Nose you are by far one of the most talented guys I have ever had the pleasure of riding with.

Brady

J
Jan 20, 2002
NW Montana
i'm at the hospital in boise right now waiting for matt to get back from the mri... he is alive which is the biggest part. so far we know he has a broken femur, and some seperated ribs.... he will make it tho he's a strong guy with good faith. every one please prey for him.
Jeremy

This is great news for a bad situation.Matt we will keep you in our prayers for a FULL recovery.

Was Matt the only one in the avy?

Justus

G
Oct 18, 2002
As I said Matt is one of the most talented guys on a sled I've ever seen...here's a couple of photo's the first one is a sidehill he pull up in Roman Nose and the second is a nice riding shot...Keep him in your thoughts guys.

Top Side Hill Line is Matt's

Through the trees.

Last edited:
S
Jan 15, 2008
PNW
griz

that is a gnarly line up on the nose that he pulled!

i'd like to send a prayer to him and his family. hope to see you make it out ok and healthy, and able to ride another day!

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
aww damnit boys.....this is not good, you all be safe.

I'll be praying for Matt and his family/friends...tell the wife to as well.

Good news for JOP if it's just wires.

R
Jan 2, 2002
Newman Lake Washington
My thoughts exactly....

Quote:
Originally Posted by acs47x
be careful guys, we got 2 to 3 feet here in McCall and in a mile we saw/triggered 6 avys. the first 2 were very small. but big fractures. the next 3 were a bit bigger but not much run out. then we got to a hillside with some more trees on it figuring it was safer. not true. John broke a slide of thankfully after he was on top that broke approx. 1000 feet wide and 700-800 foot run out. biggest one Ive ever seen. be careful.

Had the conditions in McCall gotten any better since this was posted on Friday?

My thoughts and prayers go out to you Matt, we rode together once up at Roman Nose you are by far one of the most talented guys I have ever had the pleasure of riding with.

Brady

We had a great trip at the Fish Creek!! Played in safe areas the best we could...the snow pack was surprisingly good...only one sign of a slab avi from a few days earlier and when my group saw that we were out of there ....and on to some serious boon docking and climbing safer slopes....:cool:

Thats HUGE country over there ...lots of stuff to play on.

It was turbo snow anyway...lol...Had an attempted recovery of JOP's yami Sunday but the snow was to deep and the hills were to deep to drag it so XFL took a closer look at the problem and found the fire burned the casing on the wires...we duck taped them the best we could...that got it running again but not enough to get over the hills...:(...so it will require another trip.

Matt...take care of yourself brotha....I hate hearing these reports ...its scary deal....especially after the guy at Priest passing.

PLEASE be careful out there guys....

Ragged

Last edited:
B

bigbull

Jan 21, 2005
Spokane, WA
www.bigbullinc.com
It was hard to hear that Matt was caught in an avy and injured. My family is thankful to God for his survival and is very concerned for his recovery and wishes his family the best. I met Matt in 2005 when I bought my 27' trailer from him and he drove it up to me at the watercross. He has always been a cool guy whenever we have seen each other since.

As for the stories behind an injury or death from a sledding accident or avalanche, I feel it is important to for those facts to be relayed in a public manner. There does not need to be any specifics about recoveries and nobody is asking for that, unless it will help save a life in the future by doing so. By explaining to the public why an avalanche or accident happened it will educate the younger, or less experienced riders and the riders who have not attended any extended learning classes on the subject. I hope that eyewitnesses will step forward when they feel comfortable to do so and do exactly that. Without that information, what good thing will come out of an accident or death in this situation? :confused:
BB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features