• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spokane Area Riders Snow Report for E. Washington N Idaho & W. Montana post 28,869

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
F
Nov 28, 2007
Evans, WA
Yachtman---Yep, it was good toget out with you guys again. Man,we didn't get home 'till 10:45. I am a little sore today. We'll do it again as soon as I get both back up and running right. The boy got ALOT better by the end of the day.He was really starting to flip it around (around the trees this time and keeping it on the skiis) in that last hole. He's getting the confidence, now he just has to get some more skill and he'll be a good rider. I will take control of the camera next time so we get at least one pic.

Prayers going out to Matt from the Hights!!!

C
Feb 1, 2008
Deer Park WA
Thanks

Been prayin for ya Matt, I hope you get better quick. Ausm thanks a bunch for the help man you saved us a bunch of heavy lifting. I rode friday and saturday and the snow seemed a lot deeper over toward the brundage side of things as opposed to the warren wagon side, they must have been riding where it was deep.

S
Nov 27, 2007
??

Never meet Matt but I wish him and his Family all the best. JOP is you want to go back this week I can go in to help you get you sled. I have a snach block set up with 100ft rope if that would help. Everyone be safe out there. On a side note 6 day until I head to ParkCity Ut. for some ridding I can't wait...

O

OutdoorJunkie

Feb 12, 2008
Meridian, ID
I have to agree with bigbull here...

I was one of the first on scene, but am not sure it's appropriate for me to share the details.

I believe it would be best for someone from Matt's party to post about the decisions and conditions that led to the avy occuring, in hopes that it helps prevent these things occuring in the future.

it will help save a life in the future by doing so. By explaining to the public why an avalanche or accident happened it will educate the younger, or less experienced riders and the riders who have not attended any extended learning classes on the subject. I hope that eyewitnesses will step forward when they feel comfortable to do so and do exactly that. Without that information, what good thing will come out of an accident or death in this situation? :confused:
BB

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
Well, JOP's wiring harness is on backorder and the only thing he could get was plug caps. So back to the drawing board. We're on the lookout for one of those skid sleds that you can put under the track and as many other ideas and people that we can get.

Skidoomod ~ PM me or JOP or both you #, his internet went down and he doesn't know for how long, so he would like to get a hold of you.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
Whit, I've had luck using a basic downhill sled or tobagan...the sturdy hard plastic kind. Sorta what you use to drag ice fishing gear around. Or some good thick plastic roll up stuff. Course I've only hauled off of lakes, never the hills. Like the Hunter sled on this site http://www.koendersmfg.com/sled.html

Or this http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t.../search-box.jsp.form23&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

Might be kinda hard to keep the skid on this, but it beats nothing.

Any way to jerry rig up some wiring?

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
Say everyone, time for you to give advice to the MN boy.

It's time to buckle down and finish my sled up....I need a track, any to look for in particular or any styles to avoid like the plague? What's the feeling on finger tracks?

J
Dec 15, 2007
Troy, MT
Brian (skidoomod) I could definitly use your Help. Were just trying to get a Plan formed up. The Snatch Block and rope would be a huge help. And with some type of sled for the Skid I think we could do it. We can go down the night before and Stay if that will work for you.

I'll cover anyones expenses that is willing to go down and Help me with the Recovery. Thanks John

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
open eyes and movement are always good news!!! Does anyone know if it was descriped as purposeful movement?

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
As far as the rest of the weekend goes, it was great to finally meet a few of the old timers on the tread like Ragged :) and so many others that I don't think I could name them all. On Saturday it turned (unfortunatly) into a four man riding group with JOP, Sawyer, Tom and myself. We had good weather and good snow and not so good luck. Still a kick azz time. Sunday the un successfull recovery was even pretty decent snow, but way different than Saturday. I hope to see you all on the hill again very soon.

Does this set up make me look like a dork?
P1010382.jpg

Tom adjusting the camera angle on the shovel cam
P1010383.jpg

The chute that I tried.....tried being the key word. Famous last words from Tom and Johnny "trust me, you're gonna blow right out the top."
P1010384-1.jpg

The pit krew on the hill trying to breath fire back into the beast.
P1010385-2.jpg

Part of the problem at hand.
P1010386-2.jpg

Ragged saying "I didn't think it was that steep"
P1010387-1.jpg

Ragged waiting for help
P1010388.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features