• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowchecker's Hangout Thread

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Riding

Still Riding here in Wyoming- Just got back yesterday -rode Saturday through Wednesday.. Rode by and talked again to the Polaris crew that had 5 AXYs out testing and tuning them- looked great on the snow and to witness what they go through for us mountain riders... They did clutching and suspension adjustments and valving most of the day... 3- of the 5 were Assults 4 were 155 and 1- 163.. One thing I can tell you all for sure- they are LIGHT... and very very very quiet- the exhaust was sure surprising how low level it was.

Snow is going fast and was thinking what to do to the sled once I had it in my showroom... First- since I am a GGB distributer will be a GGB Mountain can- then just sit back and wait for ( Hopefully) October as that is when I had skis on the snow this year.

Here a a few pics from this past week sledding.. snow is starting to go FAST now...
View attachment 253334

View attachment 253335

View attachment 253336

Last edited:

MountainFanatic

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2012
Wa
For those who have snowchecked an RMK or SKS, do you know what steps need to be taken to get the free subscription to Burandtv?

I was wondering about that too SnoDevil. I imagine with limit sleding activity taking place after snocheck (for most people :face-icon-small-hap) being that its mid april, they won't start subscription till we pick up our sled or at least not before first snow. I'm probably never going to pay for the subscription outright, but i am interested in checking it out. The did lower the price alot to something like 8 dollars a month if anyones can't wait another minute lol

S
Feb 28, 2012
I was wondering about that too SnoDevil. I imagine with limit sleding activity taking place after snocheck (for most people :face-icon-small-hap) being that its mid april, they won't start subscription till we pick up our sled or at least not before first snow. I'm probably never going to pay for the subscription outright, but i am interested in checking it out. The did lower the price alot to something like 8 dollars a month if anyones can't wait another minute lol

I was really hoping it would kick in starting in May, I'm eager to see an AXYS in action and I've seen Burandt posting pictures and some short clips of one.

Edit- The polaris site says the subscription is good till May '16, maybe that means its a one time annual membership.

Last edited:
D

daldera

Mar 13, 2015
Anyone's dealer know about the subscription? Mine didn't even know it came with a snowcheck.

XC500mod

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2013
has anyone figured out the burandtv? looks like there may be some stuff on there to kill some time.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Looks like it should keep you busy. I'm staying plenty busy trying to up my bankroll, preparing for that snowcheck delivery date. It's tough when you are upgrading from such an old sled. Plus the low snow year is forcing me to sit on all three of my sleds (two of which are for sale) all summer. I can't count on them selling before the bill is due on the new sled, so that makes it that much tougher on me.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
I snowchecked too and would try Burandt TV for free if the subscription is indeed something that comes with it.

Fun to watch him ride, but would never pay for it. Too many "commercials" of him pitching "burandt approved" stuff. . . . sheesh!! Some people will sell their soul for about anything. . .. lol

Oh wait . . . maybe that's "snowmobiler" in all those videos . .? :noidea: In that case, i might pay good money to see his Skidont get spanked by a poo =)

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Looks like it should keep you busy. I'm staying plenty busy trying to up my bankroll, preparing for that snowcheck delivery date. It's tough when you are upgrading from such an old sled. Plus the low snow year is forcing me to sit on all three of my sleds (two of which are for sale) all summer. I can't count on them selling before the bill is due on the new sled, so that makes it that much tougher on me.

Sign up for a Polaris Star card. Gives you 12 months with zero % interest to get the sled paid off. Did that on my 12, 14 and will do it on the 16. Just make sure its paid off in that 12 months. Eric

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada

Yeah I hear ya there. I was lucky enough to sell my nytro before the season was over. Missed about a month of sledding but its sold now and I don't have to deal with it anymore. Still got to get rid of the 1010 Cat mod but I should be able to sell that next fall. Always wanted an 800 triple and this one is in great shape. Only a few normal wear and tear items (water pump seals, slides, steering bushings) to replace and then shes good as new. 6-8" of snow in the forecast tomorrow so I might even get to try her out before next season ha.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Sign up for a Polaris Star card. Gives you 12 months with zero % interest to get the sled paid off. Did that on my 12, 14 and will do it on the 16. Just make sure its paid off in that 12 months. Eric

I've looked into it. I know it would be smarter than paying cash in reality, and using the cash to pay down my mortgage, but I'm also one that hates debt and not sure I want another payment. Never had a loan until the house, so financing a toy is a new concept to me.

Yeah I hear ya there. I was lucky enough to sell my nytro before the season was over. Missed about a month of sledding but its sold now and I don't have to deal with it anymore. Still got to get rid of the 1010 Cat mod but I should be able to sell that next fall. Always wanted an 800 triple and this one is in great shape. Only a few normal wear and tear items (water pump seals, slides, steering bushings) to replace and then shes good as new. 6-8" of snow in the forecast tomorrow so I might even get to try her out before next season ha.

Sometimes I wish I lived closer to civilization, or at least to where people have a little money to spend on toys lol. You never get what something is worth

Premium Features