• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow checked again, cant help it....

J
Nov 13, 2015
Sweden
Holy cow, I told myself and all my friends I would not ever again snowcheck. Failed 2022 and 2023. Had to get left overs etc.
BUT here we are again, did a 9R 146"....
I guess I have more emotions then common sense....
Am I the only one this stupid?!

idacatman2

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, ID
My 2022 and 2023 were late didn’t keep me from ordering a 2024 you aren’t alone lol. Still have the 23 and won’t sell till the 24 shows up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newfrank

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2013
I ordered a 24, havent spring checked since my 2019 freeride. Hoping it arrives in time.

A 155 Khaos Slash Boost 155

Untitled.png

Last edited:
F
Dec 30, 2019
Yeah I did it too. Snowchecked an 850 for my wife. Might have been smarter to just wait and pick up a leftover, but oh well lol.

67da5effe55cc211d0eb5e2f5eace3c4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B
Dec 13, 2022
Montana
I did also, 155 Pro Boost.

I swore this was the year I was going to Doo but couldn't do it after a couple of days on Lynx and Ski-Doo demos. I hate it, but the Polaris engineering department makes up for the absolute embarrassment that is their operations, manufacturing, procurement, and customer service.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
I love how this is really a therapy thread for all of us who hate the fact that we want/need the newest sled, and bend over to pay a premium for what we know to be the best riding chassis.

All while knowing that we're stupid to pay that premium in a saturated market, to a company with an infinite string of downright stupid stop ride recalls, a warranty of dwindling value, and production delays that make heads spin.

Maybe the exploding P-22 will be manufactured better for next year? Hopefully the lethal bar ends don't wipe us all off the planet? Maybe the tracks won't disintegrate within 1000mi? Will the actually unsafe throttle block ever get replaced?

Might as well offer a two-fer deal on snow checking two sleds, because it's the only way to be reasonably certain you'll have a functional spare sled when you want to ride and your $21k+ has another issue.

Happy summer Polaris Owners Anonymous!

jeeper8650

Premium Member
Oct 18, 2016
I checked another one, its only money might as well spend it having fun. Just have 2-3 back up sleds... I will keep my 23 9R and 23 Boost as backup for next year.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Holy cow, I told myself and all my friends I would not ever again snowcheck. Failed 2022 and 2023. Had to get left overs etc.

No. There are lots of us stupid people who like the feeling of banging our heads on concrete and play with Polaris.

D
Jul 19, 2022
Wisconsin
Good luck
Personally think you are all taking biggest risk out there
Maybe get the sled before snow melts
Maybe clutch blows up
Maybe motor blows up
Guarantee you will be back at dealer for a reflash. Maybe 2
DET flash is an absolute guarantee
Run quality always unknown
I was a Polaris serious faithful
Then jumped ship to ski Doo
Don’t regret it at all
Ski Doo was flawless all season
2 months riding out west
Perfect!!
Just my opinion

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Good luck
Personally think you are all taking biggest risk out there
Maybe get the sled before snow melts
Maybe clutch blows up
Maybe motor blows up
Guarantee you will be back at dealer for a reflash. Maybe 2
DET flash is an absolute guarantee
Run quality always unknown
I was a Polaris serious faithful
Then jumped ship to ski Doo
Don’t regret it at all
Ski Doo was flawless all season
2 months riding out west
Perfect!!
Just my opinion
This is something a poor person would say who rides a terrible chassis because they can't afford multiple Polaris sleds. ?

D
Jul 19, 2022
Wisconsin
Nope you’re all wrong dude. I have more sleds than u can imagine
Lots of Polaris Rmks yamaha ski Doo
Just got done dealing with all Polaris stupid recalls and **** run quality
There company is going downhill and I’m not going for a ride with them
Leave it all up to u
Don’t want to say I told u so !

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
3 Gen 5’s in my group, one of them being mine. Been the most unreliable sleds we have ever owned. My sled was at the dealership waiting on parts since February. Just picked it up last week. My boost had primary spring and spark plug issues both east fixes and has been flawless for 1300km. Skidoos getting sold keeping the boost for next season. Ordered another 2024 boost.

J
Jul 21, 2022
USA
Holy cow, I told myself and all my friends I would not ever again snowcheck. Failed 2022 and 2023. Had to snaptube vidmate get left overs etc.
As long as you make an informed decision that aligns with your preferences and brings you happiness in the sport of snowmobiling, there's no need to worry about what others may think. Enjoy the anticipation and excitement of receiving your new snowmobile, and have a fantastic riding season!

Premium Features