• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski Doo announces more price increases on sleds

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
From Ski Doo's website today:

For those who haven't pre-ordered, we will be adjusting pricing for MY23 snowmobiles. We know you probably weren’t expecting this, and we apologize for the change. As you are aware, pricing has increased for many products and industries around the world and powersports is no exception. BRP has explored various ways to accommodate the disruptions while maintaining the demand through the way we source materials, transport our parts and vehicles and assemble our units. We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you updated. Please note: These pricing adjustments only affect in-season models purchased on May 4, 2022 and after. Additionally, there will be no pricing impact on the youth MXZ 120/200 models and the entry level models MXZ and Summit Neo/Neo+. There will still remain a temporary commodity surcharge in addition to the adjusted price.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
From Ski Doo's website today:

For those who haven't pre-ordered, we will be adjusting pricing for MY23 snowmobiles. We know you probably weren’t expecting this, and we apologize for the change. As you are aware, pricing has increased for many products and industries around the world and powersports is no exception. BRP has explored various ways to accommodate the disruptions while maintaining the demand through the way we source materials, transport our parts and vehicles and assemble our units. We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you updated. Please note: These pricing adjustments only affect in-season models purchased on May 4, 2022 and after. Additionally, there will be no pricing impact on the youth MXZ 120/200 models and the entry level models MXZ and Summit Neo/Neo+. There will still remain a temporary commodity surcharge in addition to the adjusted price.
it really can't be much of a surprise to anyone at this point.
Welcome to INFLATION NATION..

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Shell oil posted record profits. It is not just inflation.

Companies are using inflation to boost profits, thereby making inflation worse. It stinks for the consumer but when executive pay is linked to profits no one should be surprised at what is going on.

Demand is part of it too. How much? Hard to really tell.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta

Companies are using inflation to boost profits, thereby making inflation worse. It stinks for the consumer but when executive pay is linked to profits no one should be surprised at what is going on.

??? That does not mean companies are using inflation to boost their profits. They learned to run lean In The past.
No different than buying stocks at 1.00 and reaping the rewards when the stock is at 50 dollars.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Let's make this simple. Inflation is too much demand chasing too little supply. Alittle is good. Alot is bad.

Economic demand is driven solely by government monetary/fiscal policy. Supply has only three levers - availability of labor, raw materials, and capital. We have had too much government stimulus simultaneous to serious constraints of labor and raw materials (both also being held back in large part by government policies). Just breaking it down.

"They" couldn't make this much worse if they tried. Only a significant economic slowdown, by shrinking the money supply, or taking the handcuffs off of supply constraints (e.g., go drill baby, stop paying people to not work) stop rampant inflation. Enjoy the ride.

Turbo Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2021
On top of the mountain

This might have to do with fact that shell rotella is no longer a thing. We run shell oil in 8 different diesels and there is no synthetic to be found and limited regular. We bought as much as we could find and now it’s gone. I have a feeling a lot of people bought a lot of this oil. The word is that shell let the patents on the oil expire whether that was on accident or not is disputed.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
This might have to do with fact that shell rotella is no longer a thing. We run shell oil in 8 different diesels and there is no synthetic to be found and limited regular. We bought as much as we could find and now it’s gone. I have a feeling a lot of people bought a lot of this oil. The word is that shell let the patents on the oil expire whether that was on accident or not is disputed.

I’ve been reading this for awhile, but I have no problem finding shell synthetic.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
We posted record income last year as our crops doubled in price.
And we paid triple expenses.

That’s not more in our pockets.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Let's make this simple. Inflation is too much demand chasing too little supply.
Thats how it used to work.
Now we are dealing with DEBT MONETIZATION.

When government deficits are financed through debt monetization the outcome is a massive historic increase in the national monetary base, shifting the aggregate-demand curve to the right leading to a rise in the price level.

To many DOLLARS chasing to few products.
Note
Not to much DEMAND, but far far far to much actual CASH in the system.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
We posted record income last year as our crops doubled in price.
And we paid triple expenses.

That’s not more in our pockets.

Shell posted record profits, which means their income exceeded expenses.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012

When government deficits are financed through debt monetization the outcome is a massive historic increase in the national monetary base, shifting the aggregate-demand curve to the right leading to a rise in the price level.

Note

Yup. All governments seem to operate like most people. They spend more than they earn.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010

Note
Um, that's exactly what I said - government monetary/fiscal policy is the only driver of demand. The way it works hasn't changed. Too much cash is policy. High demand is the result of too much cash. It's been this way - demand vs. supply - for 200 years. It's not complicated, just alittle abstract.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Um, that's exactly what I said - government monetary/fiscal policy is the only driver of demand. The way it works hasn't changed. Too much cash is policy. High demand is the result of too much cash. It's been this way - demand vs. supply - for 200 years. It's not complicated, just alittle abstract.
it hasn't been that way for 200 years.
The US wasn't able to "Monetize" its debt 200 years ago by printing fiat currency.
This is primarily the result of the creation of the Federal Reserve and the removal of the Gold Standard as the underpinning of US Currency.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
FWIW, fiat currency goes back to the Revolutionary war. Originally, the currency was called "Continentals" by the founding fathers. Yep, they were minting money. The "Fed" is just the latest rendition of the First National Bank of the US, it's come and gone multiple times, but the first one was started with a law signed by Mr. Washington. Just stating a few soon to be abolished facts before the Ministry of Truth rewrites history. Intrinsic value of gold is - close to zero. Just like every other form of currency created by man to enable trade. Some of Ron Paul's musing were intellectually strong, some kooky, abolishing the First National Bank of the US was one of them. How many more chickens does it take now to buy a 2023 Expert?

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
FWIW, fiat currency goes back to the Revolutionary war. Originally, the currency was called "Continentals" by the founding fathers. Yep, they were minting money. The "Fed" is just the latest rendition of the First National Bank of the US, it's come and gone multiple times, but the first one was started with a law signed by Mr. Washington. Just stating a few soon to be abolished facts before the Ministry of Truth rewrites history. Intrinsic value of gold is - close to zero. Just like every other form of currency created by man to enable trade. Some of Ron Paul's musing were intellectually strong, some kooky, abolishing the First National Bank of the US was one of them. How many more chickens does it take now to buy a 2023 Expert?

I would give a lot of my chicken-nuggets to get my 2023 Expert on time!

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
NH Roadking, I said nothing about Shell, was simply stating my personal experience with current financial mess.

Our prices are increasing just as ski doos and it’s not our choice.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
NH Roadking, I said nothing about Shell, was simply stating my personal experience with current financial mess.

Our prices are increasing just as ski doos and it’s not our choice.
Got it. I hope it gets better for you and us all.

Premium Features