• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Important Ski-Doo announces DELAYS in 2023 Delivery...

Turbo Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2021
On top of the mountain
Is this not purely from overselling? People that have spring checked pre covid era ,was it typically on time and fairly predictable? How much of this is just because it’s current conditions (labour,shipping,covid) problems?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Before 2021 it was definitely predictable new chassis or not. My dealer started getting sleds in September and had almost the whole fleet built by December. Then the sp’s would slowly leave the lot until there was about 10 left in may. In 2021 my dealer took 70 less sleds than normal and dropped 10 more this year. Haven’t seen an inseason model since.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I was directly told from the sales dude “the sooner the deposit goes down the better. holds your place in line”

I’m currently riding my wifes sled around (600r 154) and don’t mean to be bitching about something we are so lucky to be able to even do but if it’s that hard to produce and ship sleds on time based on how many they’re allowing to be sold, then why not just cap it at what they’re able to produce? They know the limitations and current climate so why not “over deliver and under promise”

They do allocate a certain number to each dealer from my understanding, so he was correct in saying the sooner the better. I was late to the game and did not get to order from my dealer of choice. As far as holding your “place” in line, be mad at him for telling you that, not Doo. I was never promised any sort of date by anyone, so I’m gonna remain patient.

As far as over delivery and under promising, I would rather see them produce and deliver 5,000 mountain sleds by sometime in January than guarantee an October 31st delivery on 1,000 sleds (those are just completely random numbers and dates).

Like I say I wasn’t guaranteed any date so I’m just not gonna be upset about it, but that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be done differently in the future. It would be nice if when the order was placed a vin was assigned and a delivery window was given. Thats gotta get complicated with all the different options available. Would be much easier if there were say 6 total mountain sled configurations vs 60 to 80+ by the time you figure model, color, motor, track, guage, shot/estart/pull rope, etc.

M
Aug 14, 2022
Whistler
Mine shipped on the 28th of October but still hasn't landed..............

What’s the destination? This is sort of what I am talking about. You can get get a tracking number when shipping a band aid across the world why can’t a company as advanced and positioned as BRP do ANYTHING to update you the buyer. “Call your dealer” the dealer is the one who puts the skis on and arranges 3rd party financing they don’t know anything or care to look into it.

Hope yours shows up soon.

T
Oct 10, 2001
Spokane WA
What’s the destination? This is sort of what I am talking about. You can get get a tracking number when shipping a band aid across the world why can’t a company as advanced and positioned as BRP do ANYTHING to update you the buyer. “Call your dealer” the dealer is the one who puts the skis on and arranges 3rd party financing they don’t know anything or care to look into it.

Washington

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
finally got to take a look at some G5's in person and they look really nice. i didn't dislike the new hood/light design when they were first shown but didn't think it was that great. in person though, they're pretty sharp. fit and finish is excellent. they had a green/gray turbo expert, black n/a X, and either an edge or sp. the first two had the large gauges and the other had the two button gauge. all were complete but forgot to ask about DESS.
found out my sled (turbo freeride 165) is enroute.

B
Nov 26, 2007
I was directly told from the sales dude “the sooner the deposit goes down the better. holds your place in line”

I’m currently riding my wifes sled around (600r 154) and don’t mean to be bitching about something we are so lucky to be able to even do but if it’s that hard to produce and ship sleds on time based on how many they’re allowing to be sold, then why not just cap it at what they’re able to produce? They know the limitations and current climate so why not “over deliver and under promise”

Holds your spot in line at that specific dealer for the allotment they received. Means nothing beyond that.

T
Oct 10, 2001
Spokane WA

Apparently it came in late last week and didn't tell me. Hope to pick it up by the end of the week. Expert 165" Turbo with big screen

Premium Features