• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ride command 7s ?

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
I guess it’s only an issue if it gets real steep.
1000meters = how many feet?
Worthy number to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For quick math just use 3. It’s 3.28 or something like that but we don’t need to be that detailed.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
For quick math just use 3. It’s 3.28 or something like that but we don’t need to be that detailed.

Right, so 1000m is est./roughly 3000’
500m is est./roughly 1500’.

That could be a substantial elevation change in a short distance if someone is not familiar with the area and not realizing the gauge is in meters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I like the metric system but see the advantage of using feet for gradient lines as there is more resolution being a smaller unit.
I don't know if it is an advantage. It is an advantage to me because that is what i know. I know temps and what is too cold. I have the 40 inch rule and know where you're playing for early season. 30 inch dump is good. When watching videos, in centimeters, i google a conversion afterwards. If i grew up with metric it wouldn't be a big deal

J
Nov 25, 2019
I don't know if it is an advantage. It is an advantage to me because that is what i know. I know temps and what is too cold. I have the 40 inch rule and know where you're playing for early season. 30 inch dump is good. When watching videos, in centimeters, i google a conversion afterwards. If i grew up with metric it wouldn't be a big deal
I live in Canada and I use inches/feet for everything. Meters to feet isnt that hard….multiple the meters by 3 and you’ll be pretty close

Premium Features