• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
so, how is it?
honest feedback on it.

thinking about one for my son. was going to snowcheck an 850 146, but no local dealers have an allocation for one.
my dealer does have an allocation for a 650 though.

i have found a 2023 850 146, but has an interesting build and i would need to make some changes right away.
it has estart and low elevation clutching. would need to do high elevation clutching. would then like to swap for a lightweight battery and add 7s.

the 2024 would be ordered without estart, but 7s added.

2 year warranty on 2023, 3 year on 2024.
about the same cost after the '23 has the changes made.

i need to make a decision tonight/tomorrow morning.

thoughts?

Last edited:

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
I run out of traction before I run out of power with my 650 SB 146” with the small cobra track. Will get a hurricane track next season.
Hot 100+ on the speedo 4-6” powder on the river. Fast enough

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
I have a 155. My wife rides it most of the time, I have had it out on a couple of days and it is a fun sled. It has the 2.75 155 standard tunnel. The only thing I really notice is it doesn't have the low end torque of my 850. It handles really well and will boondock through tress with anything. It will also dig a hole as big as may 850. I'm not sure on the clutching from stock or what it really should pull up top I have been seeing 7900 rpm I read 8000 was top unsure on some of that. My wife doesn't care about it (clutching). She loves the sled we had a 2016 Axys 600 and I think this is a more capable sled than that was. It seems to be good on fuel and oil and doesn't burn as much as my 850. However it is not being pinned a lot either. Overall the engine is smooth and pulls good, momentum is needed to climb steep and deeper stuff. It is a sleeper for sure and is more capable than you would think.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
@Yamadoo04 bought his kid a 650 146 right when they came out. The kid kills it on that sled. It is literally the perfect sled for lightweight teens.

Lots of others there to watch as well. Long story short - get the 650 146. It is an awesome sled.

flying frenchman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Go for it, you won't be disapointed.
My 650 has lots of snap and the throttle response is awsome. I have the 155 2.6.
Runs on regular and doesn't vibrate like an 850.
I may not be the fastest, but I have the most fun.

law.74

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 16, 2017
I just got back from a meadow ride w my wife and son. They fight over the 650 Khaos 146.
It’s new to us but immediately the family favorite.

Perfect platform for someone that doesn’t need an 850 for a few years (or ever in the case of my wife).

windsock

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Vail, CO
www.ratzco.blogspot.com
Well, we worked hard to snowcheck a Polaris 650 RMK khaos but had to pass and snochecked a Gen5 Doo 600R 146 track. Found only 1 place in CO that could possibly do the snocheck of a 650 Polaris. No one else had any allocated. We had calls from places in UT and WY and same thing, no 650s allocated to them. Sad that the marketing ppl go through all the trouble to create web pages to snocheck a sled and then we can't even find anyone to help. Dealers aren't given good info either. Polaris said contact the dealers, the dealers said they can't get good info. If one is ordering out 6 months in advance should any type of allocation really matter? Got money in hand... I'm ordering on a web-site and they should deliver to whichever dealer works for me, right? Me thinks the cluster show trying to pre-order a sled might translate over to the cluster in production and delivery of said machine? Anyhow, I we'll have another doo on the trailer come next winter.
Separate from all that I felt our 10 yr 65 pound son was carving my Gen4 Turbo much easier than a Matryx Khaos 155. The doo is easier on the arms down the trail also. Only downside is the width of the tunnel on the doo for the little ones.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Well, we worked hard to snowcheck a Polaris 650 RMK khaos but had to pass and snochecked a Gen5 Doo 600R 146 track. Found only 1 place in CO that could possibly do the snocheck of a 650 Polaris. No one else had any allocated. We had calls from places in UT and WY and same thing, no 650s allocated to them. Sad that the marketing ppl go through all the trouble to create web pages to snocheck a sled and then we can't even find anyone to help. Dealers aren't given good info either. Polaris said contact the dealers, the dealers said they can't get good info. If one is ordering out 6 months in advance should any type of allocation really matter? Got money in hand... I'm ordering on a web-site and they should deliver to whichever dealer works for me, right? Me thinks the cluster show trying to pre-order a sled might translate over to the cluster in production and delivery of said machine? Anyhow, I we'll have another doo on the trailer come next winter.
Separate from all that I felt our 10 yr 65 pound son was carving my Gen4 Turbo much easier than a Matryx Khaos 155. The doo is easier on the arms down the trail also. Only downside is the width of the tunnel on the doo for the little ones.
Oh man, I totally hear you. Polaris really does just suck right now as a company and has me leaning toward switching it all over to Doo myself. I talked to some dealers about snowchecking a 650 146 and got told basically the same thing. It is so pathetic. In the end we found a 650 155 locally that wasn't too terribly overpriced, so I just grabbed that and called it good enough. Kid loves it so far.

I think your kid will love that 600 146 from Doo also. Maybe a touch less power, but not by much. It will be awesome for him.

Bgilmlbz

Premium Member
Mar 3, 2019
Pocatello, ID
Khaos.jpg
Ill have one for sale next fall (when her new one shows up. I wont sell again until I see it on the ground) Wife's machine, literally pretty much trail ridden 750ish miles in Island Park. It has the 7S display but will be moving that to her new sled. 650 Khaos, 146 2.6".

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Have a friend I ride with that rides hard has a 650 2 years old and 2 motors both locked up imo they don’t like to be ridden to the bar all day. For reference he weight 165 geared up so good luck.

T
Jan 23, 2013
South Lake Tahoe
so, how is it?
honest feedback on it.

thinking about one for my son. was going to snowcheck an 850 146, but no local dealers have an allocation for one.
my dealer does have an allocation for a 650 though.

i have found a 2023 850 146, but has an interesting build and i would need to make some changes right away.
it has estart and low elevation clutching. would need to do high elevation clutching. would then like to swap for a lightweight battery and add 7s.

the 2024 would be ordered without estart, but 7s added.

2 year warranty on 2023, 3 year on 2024.
about the same cost after the '23 has the changes made.

i need to make a decision tonight/tomorrow morning.

thoughts?
So did you snowcheck the 650? Everyone wants to know!

Premium Features