• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

7S display joystick knob missing, (5-way UI control button)

S

sledder51

Feb 26, 2023
Idaho
The button on my 7S display fell off the other day, not sure how, it was there and then it wasn't. Obviously Polaris doesn't just sell the button. Anyone else heard of this? I can't tell how it's held in there if it just snaps in or what. I haven't talked to my dealer yet, but I doubt it would be covered under warranty

IMG_5259.jpg

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I bought the replacement knob but the problem is once you rip it off, you no longer have the rubber sealed toggle. So I just tossed the replacement. I put some fancy Boeing Black tape over the holes on mine to keep the displays water tight. The replacement is just a press on and if you lost it once you are going to end up losing it again. I don't even see why you need the toggle. My touch screen works with the gloves I wear.

S

sledder51

Feb 26, 2023
Idaho
I was wondering about the rubber seal. I figured I’d pack a small amount of dielectric grease in there to help keep water out. You’re right, you don’t NEED the toggle, it’s just nice to have.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
I bought a replacement and ripped it off the next ride. Don’t waste your time and tape it just like Chad said.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
mine popped off today. can they be glued down?
looks like the go over a square post down below. mine appears to have the surround seal intact still

Premium Features