• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ride command 7s ?

C
Dec 15, 2017
Does anyone know how to get the topo elevation lines on the 7s gauge to show feet instead of meters? I can't change it on my phone or the Guage. Maybe it's not possible?

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Does anyone know how to get the topo elevation lines on the 7s gauge to show feet instead of meters? I can't change it on my phone or the Guage. Maybe it's not possible?
It’s possible just look around in there, I’m not at my machine right now but it’s possible.

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
I have looked all over for that one also. I haven't been able to find it. I just left it. If it is possible please share.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Go into the map screen. At the bottom, theres 3 or 4 lines or like a tab to press. After you select that you should be sent to a screen that will allow you to select different map options. You can check the topo box there, and maybe other mapping options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
J
Nov 25, 2019
I have looked all over for that one also. I haven't been able to find it. I just left it. If it is possible please share.
Push the round Polaris button on the right side of the 7s, then push all settings in the bottom right corner. Now on the left side push general. Speed units - should come up in the middle of the list

IMG_3862.jpeg IMG_3863.jpeg IMG_3864.jpeg

C
Dec 15, 2017
So far I have found mph and
Just tried changing from kmph to mph and the elevation lines on the topo don’t change from meters
Yep I found the part you showed and it changes gauge readings but doesn't change the map elevation. It seems when polaris used map box for the command app they only loaded it in metric.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Do you know what’s crazy? I guess I’ve never looked, but I could’ve sworn that mine were in feet, and I just went out to my sled and it is in meters. I switched the speed units to metric and seeing if that did anything and went back to MPH and it changed nothing so maybe it’s always been in meters and I’ve never noticed it. I really don’t look at that because I see the elevation in feet on the gauge and I just know how to read the contour lines, so I don’t really look at the numbers on them.

There has to be a way to do it and I’m gonna keep looking.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Do you know what’s crazy? I guess I’ve never looked, but I could’ve sworn that mine were in feet, and I just went out to my sled and it is in meters. I switched the speed units to metric and seeing if that did anything and went back to MPH and it changed nothing so maybe it’s always been in meters and I’ve never noticed it. I really don’t look at that because I see the elevation in feet on the gauge and I just know how to read the contour lines, so I don’t really look at the numbers on them.

The 858, i rode yesterday, had the temperature guage in Celsius. I thought we were in America.

C
Dec 15, 2017

Yeah I figured I screwed something up on my gauge at first but now I am pretty sure polaris overlooked it when the bought the maps from map box. Not the end of the world but like someone already said we are in the US and I prefer and relate to feet!

MSlednutz

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2013
Can you load the satellite imagery for a select area that you are riding? I have connected my phone but dont want my phone tied to it all the time.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I just installed a new 7s over the weekend that i ordered direct from Polaris. I had to go look last night at contour lines and they are in meters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I guess it’s only an issue if it gets real steep.
1000meters = how many feet?
Worthy number to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features