• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Removable snow flap options

beerios5

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2013
east kootney
Anybody have any luck finding/making a removable snow flap for their alpha? A buddy adapted the linq to his and I’ve seen the Everett flap for Polaris, but nothing off the self for Cat yet. I know some will say they just take it off but we often have a bit of a ride in before gaining elevation and good snow for cooling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
L
Mar 15, 2019
I’ve been playing with a couple ideas, but nothing 100% yet.
mad max, I’m running the backwoods bmp bumper and there’s no real way to attach the center of the flap after removing the stock bumper. I’m looking at doing some type of quick detach snow flap as well. Care to share what you’ve got ?

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
I run the polaris flap on mine, and stock tail light, just trimmed it a tad to fit, they're cheap flaps too... it regains your ability to use the factory bumper.... lol, I use the solid flap and not the one with the holes though, only issue to me is that if you sucked the flap up all the way to the bumper like the HUB one, the angles pretty extreme and I'm thinking your loosing a lot of snow potential for cooling, For me I don't care so I use a zip tie to let it sit more relaxed and down. works good!

L
Mar 15, 2019

I’ve used these year ago when racing sprint cars. 1/4” turn dzus fastener. Just don’t know if I want to go adding 7/16 holes to the rear of my tunnel.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Put this on my 18’ mtn cat. Pretty simple, takes about 30 min. Disregard the other holes in the flap, they were an experiment that didn’t work. Have the same thing for a Polaris flap on a cat as well

D6BE425C-7B7F-45D8-BB06-8E3F6354C512.jpeg

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
So t let me down load the video of it coming off. Rubber latch in the center keeps it flap from falling down into the track. If you have an aftermarket bumper that’s raised, have another option for the center part.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

M

MightyMouse

Banned
Apr 14, 2008
Michigan
I ended up using an RMK flap trimmed to fit around a modified taillight mount. It's not as quick of a disconnect like the Linq flap, but I can have it off in less than a minute with a T25 driver I keep in my tool bag anyways. To keep the flap from getting sucked into the tunnel I used a section of nylon strapping with a clasp for easy removal.

The original plan was to use some quarter turn fasteners but in the end the simplicity of the screws won out. I'll probably leave the flap attached for most of the season while riding in the UP and then remove it for our trips out west. This flap is much more flexible than the stock cat unit and give you a bunch more space to grab the bumper with gloves on.

80ffjHL1SuCVFcjO2okxDA.jpgiqr_pPmaSIuQ98pgJQl3XQ.jpgJ2W8VZX0Sr---kIJPj5rIA.jpgS1rIEYTIQTSXImb5A5UGgA.jpgyEW-TxklSL6QvkngT_eXNA.jpgJakTCMpuTcelvNdCYtDIfg.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features