• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Removable Snow Flap

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
the new flaps for the short tunnels can get hung up on the track supposedly on the whooped out trails. cutting some off helps.

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
Don’t want an argument on the snow flap,I have four of these and for some reason they all at one time or another suck up in the track,cutting just the bottom 2-3” off cured that problem for us,if yours had never sucked in the tunnel that is very good ,but if you have to ride very far on the trail to get to deep snow,I have never rode with anyone who didn’t overheat,we also put a pair of over the top ice scratchers on and that helped a whole bunch,the stock scratchers just don’t Doo it

A
Sep 10, 2012
I cut it above the v toward the bottom of the flap. Much happier, I think it’ll do good.

Now where to store it once I’m off the trail. Maybe bungee cords on my tunnel bag.
0c47268d0484e2f056829ea984aa56e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
I had 2racks built by DMI outdoor sports that fit right into the 4 Linq brackets and then you flip the flap over and it secures nicely to it ,and when you don’t need the flap you have s nice aluminum storage rack .Their phone number is 406 827 4694.I bought these when I had s 163 Xmas summit x and BRP shortened the cooler on that model and it would overheat quite often.Have kept using them on all of the sleds we have

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
Why don’t they stay out of the track by themselves?they have had a few years to figure it out.If you take it off good luck on the overheat.Cutting it a little seems to have worked for me.This is just what worked for me and apparently for some others.How about showing that video you posted I think last year about riding several miles with no flap and you said coolant temperature never got hot on a hard trail

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Why don’t they stay out of the track by themselves?they have had a few years to figure it out.If you take it off good luck on the overheat.Cutting it a little seems to have worked for me.This is just what worked for me and apparently for some others.How about showing that video you posted I think last year about riding several miles with no flap and you said coolant temperature never got hot on a hard trail

Maybe it’s your suspension setup, I’ve never had mine suck into the track. I agree with Dave cutting them is a waste, they will get hot on the trail, especially climbing into the alpine with the tunnel bag and fuel can on.

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
Yeah ,I will check suspension to see what I can do ,what setup are you using?Distance on springs,limiter strap etc.Thanks in advance

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
That would be great if they did, the sled cools fine, like iI have said and shown 85% of the time. As most riders know and agree with, however if you watch the vids I have posted there is no doubt that when we get a freeze here in whistler the trail is rock hard over night and even scratchers dont kick much of anything up. So you need a low hanging snowflap. When you hit whooped out trails like we have here on the coast due to melt freeze and warmer coastal snow the snow flap will get pulled into the track, so instead of whining, i try to find solutions, yes it would be awesome if everything thing worked perfectly in an ideal world, however the world is never ideal and that is why living is always an adventure, so I posted this fix that has worked for me. Have fun. Don't forget to smile and lauugh! Happy riding!
Here is the video from 2019 so good memory also that day polaris riders sitting on the side of the road overheat, so we are still cooler than any brand and there will always be days where you need the accessory snowflap, at this point there was no snow flap accessory available but had there have been I would have run it. Keep it cool!

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Maybe it’s your suspension setup, I’ve never had mine suck into the track. I agree with Dave cutting them is a waste, they will get hot on the trail, especially climbing into the alpine with the tunnel bag and fuel can on.
Your going to want suspension when ripping through whoops, I dont think running the suspension locked out is a good idea through whoops.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Your going to want suspension when ripping through whoops, I dont think running the suspension locked out is a good idea through whoops.

No lockout at all. I can hammer the trail and the whoops.
My suspension setup is top notch, Tim from Enzo setup my sled, for my weight, and the weight of my tunnel bag and fuel can. Gotta keep the front end down with the TURBOOOOO! I love the Enzo suspension setup.

I’m trying to eliminate factors that may cause the rear suspension to bottom out and maybe get sucked into the track, I dunno what guys weight or what they have done to their sleds to fine tune the suspension.

I have no complaints with the flap or it’s length, so far it has not ended up in track on long trail rides.
My only complaint is my own doing, thinking I don’t need it and leave it in the truck. Lol

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
No lockout at all. I can hammer the trail and the whoops.
My suspension setup is top notch, Tim from Enzo setup my sled, for my weight, and the weight of my tunnel bag and fuel can. Gotta keep the front end down with the TURBOOOOO! I love the Enzo suspension setup.

I’m trying to eliminate factors that may cause the rear suspension to bottom out and maybe get sucked into the track, I dunno what guys weight or what they have done to their sleds to fine tune the suspension.

I have no complaints with the flap or it’s length, so far it has not ended up in track on long trail rides.
My only complaint is my own doing, thinking I don’t need it and leave it in the truck. Lol
The snowflap going into your track has nothing to do with it bottoming or suspension, It the big whoops that put the sled through travel and it get sucked into it, on long flats no issue.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
That would be great if they did, the sled cools fine, like iI have said and shown 85% of the time. As most riders know and agree with, however if you watch the vids I have posted there is no doubt that when we get a freeze here in whistler the trail is rock hard over night and even scratchers dont kick much of anything up. So you need a low hanging snowflap. When you hit whooped out trails like we have here on the coast due to melt freeze and warmer coastal snow the snow flap will get pulled into the track, so instead of whining, i try to find solutions, yes it would be awesome if everything thing worked perfectly in an ideal world, however the world is never ideal and that is why living is always an adventure, so I posted this fix that has worked for me. Have fun. Don't forget to smile and lauugh! Happy riding!
Here is the video from 2019 so good memory also that day polaris riders sitting on the side of the road overheat, so we are still cooler than any brand and there will always be days where you need the accessory snowflap, at this point there was no snow flap accessory available but had there have been I would have run it. Keep it cool!

The flap is not a great design. Maybe the aftermarket will step up and fix what Doo can't (or won't).

It will be interesting to see how the Poos doo with their new short tunnel/cooler/no flap setup.

A
Sep 10, 2012
I’m the OP. The reason I had concerns and cut the flap on my new expert is because I had to do the same on my 2008 XP. Never a problem there, and I’ve had it since 2011. I measured, and both flaps are within a half inch of each other from the track. I was sick and tired of my XP flap in my track, then it cracked and flopped all the time, so I had to replace it.
b6b53d0ff010c39eda063a8fb2e77f54.jpg

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
I’m the OP. The reason I had concerns and cut the flap on my new expert is because I had to do the same on my 2008 XP. Never a problem there, and I’ve had it since 2011. I measured, and both flaps are within a half inch of each other from the track. I was sick and tired of my XP flap in my track, then it cracked and flopped all the time, so I had to replace it.
b6b53d0ff010c39eda063a8fb2e77f54.jpg

Reminder stuff you did in 2008 is not totally the same in 2022, which is why it is always better to wait and see before doing things, on the hard days you need the snoflap, you need the whole thing, a simple strap can alleviate the whole going in your track issue. To each their own, but thought I would send it for guys who are thinking about cutting it before they try it, the days the cut one works, you probably could have gone without it all. cheers dave

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
I used to always on my 04 Rev and Xm buy a length of nylon strap wrap around the bumper and drill hole thru strap ends and middle snowflap and put a Pip rivet with a couple washers and that hold the flap from getting caught in the track.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I used to always on my 04 Rev and Xm buy a length of nylon strap wrap around the bumper and drill hole thru strap ends and middle snowflap and put a Pip rivet with a couple washers and that hold the flap from getting caught in the track.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
I was hoping Doo would get this figured out by now and we wouldn’t have to use a fix we used in 2004.

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD

I guess I dont see it as whining for a $150 dollar piece of plastic to function as intended.

Premium Features