• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ordered a "Ride208" radio system

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
The whole thing is a mess.
What we need are HiPower GRMS radios.
5 watts would be AWESOME for sledders.
Ask and you shall receive 5 watts!

I just order one today. I will update when I get it in my hand and on the mountain.

Wouxun KG-935G.

This guy seems to be really into GMRS. As an added bonus I find him entertaining.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

I just order one today. I will update when I get it in my hand and on the mountain.

Wouxun KG-935G.

This guy seems to be really into GMRS. As an added bonus I find him entertaining.

by all means keep us all informed on what you find out.

N
Sep 14, 2014
I noticed the newer ride 208 is just a rebranded chinese radio as well. So I ordered one for 1/5th the cost. If anyone is curious they're now selling an easier to use model instead of a rebranded uv-5r. The new one is a pofung uv-11r also known as retevist rb27.

Clark42

Lifetime Membership
Jun 3, 2016
Washington
I noticed the newer ride 208 is just a rebranded chinese radio as well. So I ordered one for 1/5th the cost. If anyone is curious they're now selling an easier to use model instead of a rebranded uv-5r. The new one is a pofung uv-11r also known as retevist rb27.
and baofeng g11s

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK

Wouxun KG-935G.

Have you had a chance to take this into the back country and test?

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
I have it. I work a 20 and 10 schedule, haven't rode with it yet. Next days off start March 24. I looks good and woke fine in close to my house which is not great test.

Premium Features