• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Please Help 2012 Pro Rmk

M
Mar 16, 2023
Montana
I have a 12 pro rmk and it bogs bad when you get into the throttle with and without the belt i put in new fuel filters new fuel pump, engine has 120psi for compression in both cylinders fuel pump is at 60psi through all throttle postions I set the tps sensor properly and it's in spec and no dead spots since a potentiometer I checked reed valves and they have a small bit of chipping but none that are broken. I tested injectors and they spray just fine I'm completely lost I have good spark I need some help please

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
I had more or less the same problem but my idle speed was a bit higher than normal too along with the bog. I found a defective throttle body adapter with a 1" crack on one side. I found it by spraying some electrical contact cleaner or flammable brake cleaner around the area with sled idling and the idle dropped significantly. FYI not all brake cleaner is flammable. The tear wasn't visible until some pressure was put on the rubber.

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Make sure the green orings on the injectors are in the right position and not doubled up or anything, the old ones can hide in the cylinder and cause problems.
And do check those intake boots. And seals on crank. Not sure I would brake cleaner, that stuff is pretty nasty, but anything that would change idle by burning (wd40?) sprayed on seals and boots might help diagnose.

Premium Features