• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Patriot Boost mufflers/cans ??

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
I dont see how the recalls would cause the engine to run richer, all the new fuel sock does is increase volume to the pump. Did they mean updating to the '23 fuel map? Seems to be either a leak because of my faulty install or the can doesnt flow correctly creating low/high pipe pressure.
If the original fuel sock is restricting flow to the fuel pump you could be running with a lower fuel pressure than the new higher micron fuel sock. A lower fuel pressure will run leaner than a higher fuel pressure.

jeeper8650

Premium Member
Oct 18, 2016
I never have had any issues with runability with my Diamond S can and I ran the stock can for quite awhile before I put the diamond S on. The boost can't get enough weight savings.
Agree, my Diamond S can works perfectly. No run-ability issues at all. Mine were all related to the extra heat (Stock more insulated?) collapsing that piece of junk flimsy intake tube.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Agree, my Diamond S can works perfectly. No run-ability issues at all. Mine were all related to the extra heat (Stock more insulated?) collapsing that piece of junk flimsy intake tube.
It’s just vacuum collapsing the tube.

Happens to anyone who rides in deep snow.

It’s a whole $17 fix from the ebay link above. (I’m not the seller)

jeeper8650

Premium Member
Oct 18, 2016
It’s just vacuum collapsing the tube.

Happens to anyone who rides in deep snow.

It’s a whole $17 fix from the ebay link above. (I’m not the seller)
Yeah I know, heat makes the tube softer though. Just seems like a deep snow machine would come with that fix from the factory.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I never have had any issues with runability with my Diamond S can and I ran the stock can for quite awhile before I put the diamond S on. The boost can't get enough weight savings.

I hear you and agree there are some that do fine. The problem is many don’t.

The issue is the differences in manufacturing tolerances and specifications of products in the engine management system that allow some to not have issues and some that do. The stock silencer is more forgiving to this issue of sloppiness quality whereas aftermarket is not. Doesn’t mean though aftermarket doesn’t work all of the time.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I hear you and agree there are some that do fine. The problem is many don’t.

The issue is the differences in manufacturing tolerances and specifications of products in the engine management system that allow some to not have issues and some that do. The stock silencer is more forgiving to this issue of sloppiness quality whereas aftermarket is not. Doesn’t mean though aftermarket doesn’t work all of the time.
I agree with you on this one. This is why Caleb Kesterke runs a stock can. The sleds were obviously engineered to run with the can they come with. The problem is everyone with a welder thinks they can make a can. It's safer to run cans that the factory riders are running because then at least you know some testing went into the design of the can.

Last edited:

idahosledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
As I have said before, SLP has always been in bed with Polaris so they seemed to be able to do a lot more R and D than most aftermarket companies, so I always trusted their products to be a bolt-on option. That said, for some reason they still haven't released the can for the boost, which tells me it's not the simple engineer/design/bolt-on for the boost like in the past.
All in all I am seriously debating on back tracking to a NA 850 or the new 9 next year.
I think I will contact Silber to see if he has any updates first.

T
Dec 19, 2007
I have a Diamond S can on my Boost. I've had them on my N/A 850 in the past and overall I'd consider them more quiet. However, the Diamond S can for the Boost is what I'd consider almost loud. How do the other quiet cans compare - such as the RPM RMK & VR1 Patriot Boost Q-Muf Chambered Titanium Muffler? I've heard the BMP Trail Muffler and was able to compare that, still too loud for the location we ride....

jeeper8650

Premium Member
Oct 18, 2016
Anyone running the BD tunnel dump exhaust on the boost? How loud is it? How much does it weigh? Does it actually help with deep snow bog?

Got my 23 boost finally and thinking about giving BD tunnel dump a try unless it is loud. I have a diamond S on my 22 boost so may just move that over but curious to try to tunnel dump in deep snow. Diamond S has been great (after fixing all the ****ty 22 Boost intake problems).

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Anyone running the BD tunnel dump exhaust on the boost? How loud is it? How much does it weigh? Does it actually help with deep snow bog?

Got my 23 boost finally and thinking about giving BD tunnel dump a try unless it is loud. I have a diamond S on my 22 boost so may just move that over but curious to try to tunnel dump in deep snow. Diamond S has been great (after fixing all the ****ty 22 Boost intake problems).
I don’t have first hand experience, but you can tell in videos that they are not very loud.

Hearing that it totally eliminates powder bog, which would make sense.

BD is sold out of tunnel dumps. Maybe some dealers have them available?

Premium Features