• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Patriot Boost mufflers/cans ??

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I'm surprised your wife doesn't have this setup Terry?! I smashed the backer plate so that it matches the radius of the can better. It actually works way better than the cooker on my regular Diamond S can.
20221202_180100.jpg

jdtech65

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2008
Northwest IA
a38fb0257475aa1ad6fa2e1b0c2f0195.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

idahosledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Well I swapped my stock muffler back on, while doing so I noticed when the dealer performed the recall they switched my sled to ethanol for some reason.
Sled ran great so I put the Silber back on and runs perfect now.
Go figure.
Love having my cooker back!

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo
Another silber can bog recipient here. Rode two days and sled was boggy, especially around 5-7000 rpm. Would only pull about 8000-8050 during a long pull. Checked everything, fuel mode, primary, secondary etc. No other mods. Back to stock can and it rips after a short test ride. Going to try again and see if I can get the fitment any better but i messed with the silber when I took it off and I could not get much better fitment than what I had, mostly the bypass tube. Called the selling agent and sounds like they are well aware of issues. The issue seems to be hit and miss from sled to sled. Its possilbe that the issue stems from my my install, but if it is that finicky, its not worth the 8 lbs weight loss.

idahosledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
I spoke to Silber also.
He said some are running rich after the dealer performed the fuel system recalls and they are working on trying to increase flow.
I have a few rides on mine since and it is still running great with the exception of the known bog in deep snow from the intake tube collapsing.
I do wish the fuel consumption was better, the thing is a pig and I hate packing fuel.

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo
I spoke to Silber also.
He said some are running rich after the dealer performed the fuel system recalls and they are working on trying to increase flow.
I have a few rides on mine since and it is still running great with the exception of the known bog in deep snow from the intake tube collapsing.
I do wish the fuel consumption was better, the thing is a pig and I hate packing fuel.
I dont see how the recalls would cause the engine to run richer, all the new fuel sock does is increase volume to the pump. Did they mean updating to the '23 fuel map? Seems to be either a leak because of my faulty install or the can doesnt flow correctly creating low/high pipe pressure.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I dont see how the recalls would cause the engine to run richer, all the new fuel sock does is increase volume to the pump. Did they mean updating to the '23 fuel map? Seems to be either a leak because of my faulty install or the can doesnt flow correctly creating low/high pipe pressure.
The temp sensor in the exhaust is reading an incorrect temperature with the silber can.

idahosledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
No idea.
He just said they are now having some sleds running too rich after the fuel pick-up recalls so they were working on trying to increase flow through the baffles in the can.
I'm just glad mine runs good at this point.
They could definitely use some new mapping to clean them up.

hogracer

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2010
St Anthony Idaho
Very interesting, when I spoke to them two weeks ago they told me my sled needed the 23 map to run good with a silber can. I told them my dealership said the 23 map wasn’t available and hadn’t been released yet and they advised me to get it tuned some how. I tried to install it three different times and felt like I was thorough each time. I never had any luck. Seemed like it was good to cut 3-500 rpm’s off. It makes me wonder if the guys that are having good luck with them have an aftermarket tune or lighter weights. It’s hard for me to imagine that half of the sleds work with the can and half don’t. Something has to give, I would have thought mine was running pretty good with the silber can after I changed the clutching, then I change the can and it was night and day difference. That can has something wrong with it, I don’t buy the whole you must have installed it wrong or your sled needs a different map. Talking to three different aftermarket companies they mentioned the taper on the inlet to the muffler needs to be machined rather then a flange welded to a pipe, and that they felt like the back pressure was too high on it. Personally I don’t know enough about it to know if that’s true or if that’s just other companies talking too much. What I do know is the silber can makes my sled run like crap. They didn’t offer a return or refund option and I don’t feel good about selling it so I guess I have a 350 dollar paper weight.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Diamond s can owners check the little mesh cylinder, that comes off stock can, that goes back on by back of can. Turns out it's hard on belt and pullies. Bad design and nothing to really hold it in.

idahosledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
I just looked and SLP is still showing pre-order.
They have always seemed to do enough R&D before releasing anything that I would trust it for sure if it was available.
Has anyone heard of Polaris will actually have an updated flash available for the 22's?

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Diamond s can owners check the little mesh cylinder, that comes off stock can, that goes back on by back of can. Turns out it's hard on belt and pullies. Bad design and nothing to really hold it in.
I haven't had a problem with mine. Have you had a problem? Or just rumors...

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
It was my sled but i sold it. I remember thinking it was crappy design and nothing to hold it in. I'll have to check my buddy's now. I had 481 miles. I don't remember rolling it over. Something to look at.

R

R3bu

Dec 11, 2014
Decided to go with the RPM Titanium Can, 4.1 lbs, and bought the quiet baffle for it also. I was very impressed with the welding and fit and finish. The sound is excellent! I can't compare to a diamond S but it is not loud at all. The can is packed. And nothing compared to my old LOUD SSI Titanium Can for my Skidoo 850.

Very happy with the purchase for $500
Would definitely recommend to others

Much better than waiting till March/April for a Diamond S and spending $850+
20221222_182023.jpg

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Decided to go with the RPM Titanium Can, 4.1 lbs, and bought the quiet baffle for it also. I was very impressed with the welding and fit and finish. The sound is excellent! I can't compare to a diamond S but it is not loud at all. The can is packed. And nothing compared to my old LOUD SSI Titanium Can for my Skidoo 850.

Very happy with the purchase for $500
Would definitely recommend to others

Much better than waiting till March/April for a Diamond S and spending $850+
View attachment 397560
Have you ridden it to see if it bogs like the silber can?

Premium Features