• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NOT AGAIN!! Busted some stuff on my 900!!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
:mad:

SO...

got out and did some riding today with a group of 10 people i have NEVER met..we were invited by my wifes friend from work..figured it would be a good time..meet some sled heads (or so i thought)

Great people...just not knowledable in sledding...but its not their fault...but nice people...HOWEVER..

my wifes friends husband...rides an 07 M1000...nice guy..but messed up big time..

we were riding (or should i say flying) down a trail..about 40mph...i was behind him about 20ft....i look to the left at a nice scenic view..then straight again...and WTF...he decided he wants to SLAM on his brakes and try and hit this trail off to his right..(i am on his right as well) and BAM...i bascially T-BONED him (more at an angle) and his sled slammed the left side of my sled after i hit him...

he went flying..i checked the handlebars...no one was hurt, thank god..but my baby is all jacked...just got it all dialed in...and setup perfectly..and i thought it looked even better...

until now...

I am missing a huge piece off my hood, broekn tabs on my side panel, cracked 09 nose pan, busted/cracked left fender...SHEARED my left scratcher off my rail..busted my fox float shock housing and lost all my shock oil, there is a small dent in the Zbroz upper a-arm, and nicked alot of powder coat off the clutch..

took the pics with my cell after we stopped down the road...

AND to make it better..i am to meet up with Biggdawg in 9 days for a ride at Island Park...so it makes this whole thing better...:rolleyes:

0102001231.jpg

0102001233.jpg

0102001232.jpg

0102001233a.jpg

Last edited:
C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
Dude that sucks! I didnt do anything quite as bad but my sled was running hot so i decided to dive into some powder and CRACK! Hit a pipe or something and put a hole in my nosepan and cracked it down to the rivets!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
yeh tell me about it...

i was not happy but played cool cause i am also to blame for not watching and i should have been back farther frlom him too..

but MAN....all the work, $$, time...a$$ chewings from the wife, and something so ignorant happens...

but hey..it wouldnt be the same if i didnt wreck something...

but i will tell you what..i got LIT UP by the wife when i met up with the group at the warming cabin...WOW...i think she even took away my b-day this year...and said i am not buying anything new, i have to RIG it all up, lol..so she thinks :)

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
Yeah bro thats no good! I dont know what im gonna do! I gotta fix my overheating problem before i can even think of anything else! Maybe get a new sled. Will have to see what the new ones look like for next year! Know anyone looking for a 900 switchback?

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Yeah bro thats no good! I dont know what im gonna do! I gotta fix my overheating problem before i can even think of anything else! Maybe get a new sled. Will have to see what the new ones look like for next year! Know anyone looking for a 900 switchback?

Take it back!...your keeping the 900...

just take some time and work with it..i would bet you that you have alot of air in the system and thats why its running hot..i never went above 130 today, and neither did the wifes sled, and i bled her coolant in about 10 mins last night..

get the front end up higher then the back (strap down back end if you have to) and run it at idle for a few mins, feel the rar cooler for heat, crack the bleed screw on the head, fill coolant...do this 3/4x and your money...you might slowly have to add some coolant after the first few rides, but thats all it takes..

dont sweat it man...hard work will pay off...unless you T-BONE SOME ONE!!!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
I'll stick up for ya-
I blame the other guy.

If I got some parts- they are yours

HAHA...thanks bro..

yeh the primary would be a temp to get you back up..would have to check the weights and whatnot..but should be able to work for a few rides..

it goes to the electric start kit i got the wife for xmas...but not installing it till summer...its dirty but will shine perty..lol..

send some fox floats my way ;)

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
that sucks Sean but you have till the 10th to get it done so you can be to ip on the 11th so get to work on that ol-girl:(:beer;:beer;

HAHA...yeh i will have some SWEET CUSTOM duct tape for sure..lol..

just concerned about the shocks...but i may steal the wifes off her sled (same ones) while she is sleeping ;)

but on a side note...those that know the headache i had with the wifes sled issues this week...it ran EXCELLENT today!!!!! :D

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
Take it back!...your keeping the 900...

just take some time and work with it..i would bet you that you have alot of air in the system and thats why its running hot..i never went above 130 today, and neither did the wifes sled, and i bled her coolant in about 10 mins last night..

get the front end up higher then the back (strap down back end if you have to) and run it at idle for a few mins, feel the rar cooler for heat, crack the bleed screw on the head, fill coolant...do this 3/4x and your money...you might slowly have to add some coolant after the first few rides, but thats all it takes..

dont sweat it man...hard work will pay off...unless you T-BONE SOME ONE!!!

Alright, I will take it back for now! Im gonna keep working with it for awhile to see what i can do! I bled it like 3 times b4 taking it out so idk. Will keep working hard and see what happens i guess!

T
Mar 8, 2008
Waterloo, Iowa

just concerned about the shocks...but i may steal the wifes off her sled (same ones) while she is sleeping ;)

but on a side note...those that know the headache i had with the wifes sled issues this week...it ran EXCELLENT today!!!!! :D

That's good that her sled ran good. Worst case swap out shock just before u come down to ip and leave a note on hers not to ride.LOL

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Wow, So sorry to hear to busted up your baby:( you really had her looking sweet... that blows....

However, with all due respect, 20 FT behind him at 40 MPH:eek::eek::eek:
smiley_nono.gif

My buddy has a tendency to do quick stops and turns like that also and I usually keep about 200 ft between us when at high speed... He did a stunt like that yesterday and I slid for every inch of the 200 ft I had in front of me (was doing 50-60 at the time)

Thank goodness neither of you were hurt:eek::):beer;

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.

Way to keep a good attitude about it:D:D:beer;

Glad to hear you had that glitch figured out:D:beer;

Premium Features