• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

NOT AGAIN!! Busted some stuff on my 900!!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Now you need to start a new build thread again.LOL:D:D

LOL...i should start over on the build..i kinda like the orange/black i did on my zx9r build this summer...

watch out BRUCE!!!!

0913091544.jpg

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
i went out and looked...

i lost the scratcher, bolt, bracket...and then it dawned on me...my BILLET idler was on that setup too...

so i am also missing a billet wheel...

DAMNIT!! (polzinhunter, hint hint ;))

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
If it makes you feel better Sean, I watched a friend total a new XP today:eek:, at least it appears yours will be fixed with bolt on's.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Attack of the Pinecones?:D;):beer;

Very true.... easily fixable stuff you have there Sean
Pretty decent tree impact on left suspension, the entire sled is twisted looking from the rear... track rubbing and all. I guess this is where the lightweight aspect bites you back in the a$$. Ive seen IQ's take a similar hit and take out no more than the a-arms and a shock

G

ghostwhite

Feb 12, 2009
Baghdad, Iraq
Sean, Sean, Sean...... you fuel my fire.

Sorry to hear man! I know how these things go! If I wasn't driving to Texas in the morning, I would send you my shocks for awhile. The wife doesn't want me riding.....

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Dude... That SUX!!
Dont tailgate!!

It happens (Dont ruminate on it).... Look at the big pic...Your going to IP with a fellow 900-head this week.

Cant really blame the wife though... You DID drive her sled over the roof of your truck last year my friend... (wink)

Put the stock hood back on... zip ties for "Frankenstitch" the plastic together... send the Float in for service to Carls...They should be able to turn it around quickly OR get the parts and do it yourself... the air sleve is easy to replace.. If it is truly the body.... time for a new shock... Put the stockers back on and enjoy the ride in IP...

That will give you time to look for deals on the replacement parts!

Keep the faith my friend...I'm not trying to be harsh... I've been there... your sled is pretty rideable though Just not as pretty. (bummer I know)

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
(polzinhunter, hint hint ;))[/QUOTE]

Huh! I read just yesterday about your cheating on me with another machinist you slut! And now you got your sled all busted up who do you come crawling back to ? ;)

But seriously send me a pic and I will see what I can do! I actually made my first set last week.

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Wow, that really sucks, such a kick *** looking sled too! BUT, no one is hurt, and you have a back up/parts sled. LOL.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Dude... That SUX!!
Dont tailgate!!

It happens (Dont ruminate on it).... Look at the big pic...Your going to IP with a fellow 900-head this week.

Cant really blame the wife though... You DID drive her sled over the roof of your truck last year my friend... (wink)

Put the stock hood back on... zip ties for "Frankenstitch" the plastic together... send the Float in for service to Carls...They should be able to turn it around quickly OR get the parts and do it yourself... the air sleve is easy to replace.. If it is truly the body.... time for a new shock... Put the stockers back on and enjoy the ride in IP...

That will give you time to look for deals on the replacement parts!

Keep the faith my friend...I'm not trying to be harsh... I've been there... your sled is pretty rideable though Just not as pretty. (bummer I know)

thanks MH..no worries..but like u said i am to blame as well..just sucks...i like things that look as good as the ride (or better)...and i cant afford it..might be getting a gun metal color FST hood to use for now i suppose

(polzinhunter, hint hint ;))

Huh! I read just yesterday about your cheating on me with another machinist you slut! And now you got your sled all busted up who do you come crawling back to ? ;)

But seriously send me a pic and I will see what I can do! I actually made my first set last week.[/QUOTE]

WTF!! Not sure what u read but if i did do that...
just knw i dont love thhem as much as you..;)
i am down for any style wheel..send me some pics of the ones u made...did u get my last email ($)?

Wow, that really sucks, such a kick *** looking sled too! BUT, no one is hurt, and you have a back up/parts sled. LOL.
haha...i guess i can call it a parts sled...she doesnt ride it as much as i want her too lol..buts its setup just as good as mine....but i dont look near as sexy riding it ;)

Sean, Sean, Sean...... you fuel my fire.

Sorry to hear man! I know how these things go! If I wasn't driving to Texas in the morning, I would send you my shocks for awhile. The wife doesn't want me riding.....

thanks bro...no sweat...when u leaving for iraq again? be safe bro..i knw how it is there..i spent 3 tours there myelf...drop me ur info and i will send u some care packages for suree!!!

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
WTF!! Not sure what u read but if i did do that...
just knw i dont love thhem as much as you..;)

i am down for any style wheel..send me some pics of the ones u made...did u get my last email ($)?

Haha! I think you had to have someone work on you wifes sled ( Motor mounts) something else you broke ;)

I just made some simple billet idlers for now i needed some larger diameter to help clear my floats om my holz skid.i will be working on something cooler in the future. What O.D. and being I.D. do you need?

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Haha! I think you had to have someone work on you wifes sled ( Motor mounts) something else you broke ;)

I just made some simple billet idlers for now i needed some larger diameter to help clear my floats om my holz skid.i will be working on something cooler in the future. What O.D. and being I.D. do you need?

LOL...yeh the local machinst is sharpe...does good work...but OMG he charges out the $%^ \or his work..he is usually my last case /emergency go-tooo guy..but ur by far my fav broseph

i am down for 4 matching wheels for my sled and maybe 4 for the wifes sled...i will powder coat them myslef ;)

i use 5 1/2" wheels with 20mm bearings....i will send what i owe u to ur paypal tonight as well

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Alright, I will take it back for now! Im gonna keep working with it for awhile to see what i can do! I bled it like 3 times b4 taking it out so idk. Will keep working hard and see what happens i guess!

chunky..fill the coolant resevoir to the cold mark...fire the sled up then pull it over on its side so the resevoir is on the low side of the machine..bring engine rpm up till it almost engages clutch..keep like that for 20-30 seconds..lay back down on both ski's... and then tilt over again so coolant resevoir is on the high side of the sled..run just at the clutch engagment again for 20-30 seconds then let back down on ski's...check resevoir level and fill..then feel all coolers..they should all be warm..if not repeat...this normally gets all the air out of the system fast and easy..........

triple650

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Canadia
WOW dude that sucks, but besides the shock it dont seem to bad? as long as nothing is twisted. coulda been alot worse dude, think if you woulda had a broken arm or something? couldnt of riden for a long time. just patch her up and dont worry about cosmetics its the 900 engine inside that counts!! :D

Premium Features