• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Chassis

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
:lol:You've seen me ride!:pound:

Many Who have been on the XP have adapted and have forgot how useful foot-wells are and is one of the first remark from other brand riders ..The toe holds have many benefits.Ski doo is the only brand without properly located wells.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
they might be good for doing backys or breaking a leg.im happy doo dont have them.

X

xteam

Dec 2, 2007
i agree with red-eye the pro is just a knock off of a REV/REV-XP chassis more rev than xp i think everyone is just bleeping blind because Burandt is driving one

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
It's funny that the thread about a new Doo chassis turns into more Pro bashing. I think the footwells work great on the Pro, much better than the IQ. They help in carving on the sled when you are not doing a wrong foot forward turn.

Anyway, I was excited to read about the potential for a new Doo chassis. I think the XP has gone as far as it can. Ski-Doo is now moving the front end in more to make it work better in the hills. It's time to make a change to that chassis. If Doo can get the power to the track as well as the Pro, I think they will have the strongest sled on the market.

Hurricane Tim

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2009
It's funny that the thread about a new Doo chassis turns into more Pro bashing.

We're not bashing the Pro, we're just talkin. I for one, don't want my foot stuck in the footwell when I'm on the side or upside (yikes) down. Just my opinion, relax man.

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
Look in the new (march 2011) SnowSports magazine on pages 39 and 41. Over lay the xp on the assault and tell me who copied who?:face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:
S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
Look in the new (march 2011) SnowSports magazine on pages 39 and 41. Over lay the xp on the assault and tell me who copied who?:face-icon-small-hap

Wow, perspective is certainly an interesting thing cause I would have suggested the same sorta thing. But further, like compare a top view, front view, rear view, and side view. Yeah they're both sleds with similar hoods, but man I think they're huge different. It seems to me the 2011 XP has sorta been massaged from 09 and 10's to get closer to where the Pro started, and the Doo riders are liking the changes, so that makes a statement in itself.

REKXP

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2009
North Idaho
It's funny that the thread about a new Doo chassis turns into more Pro bashing. I think the footwells work great on the Pro, much better than the IQ. They help in carving on the sled when you are not doing a wrong foot forward turn.

Anyway, I was excited to read about the potential for a new Doo chassis. I think the XP has gone as far as it can. Ski-Doo is now moving the front end in more to make it work better in the hills. It's time to make a change to that chassis. If Doo can get the power to the track as well as the Pro, I think they will have the strongest sled on the market.

Power to the track like the Pro? Are you serious? I have ridden the Pro with a 154 and I will say the power isn't lacking although it isn't near as strong as my XP is. I still haven't figured out what this footwell argument is all about. What the hell do you need footwells for? Do people lose their footing without footwells? I can honestly say I have never lost my footing because of not having deep footwells. Not big enough holes for the snow to fall through cause me problems and crappy balance but not footwells. I am not sure I ever have my feet that far forward except when I am sitting which isn't very often.
I don't know how Doo could have followed the Pro design. The Pro just came out and yet the XP has been out for 4 years now. Hmmm. Must have been some inside info back in 2007 and Doo jumped on it in 2008.

Back to the topic though I think the chassis is good enough to continue for some time yet. I would like to see a narrower body like the pro though. It would be nice to lay the XP over and not have the side panel rub the clutches from pushing against the snow. Not a big issue but it would help. I haven't worn a hole though the panel yet but I think it could happen in the right conditions. It would also help in the steep sidehills.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Power to the track like the Pro? Are you serious? I have ridden the Pro with a 154 and I will say the power isn't lacking although it isn't near as strong as my XP is. I still haven't figured out what this footwell argument is all about. What the hell do you need footwells for? Do people lose their footing without footwells? I can honestly say I have never lost my footing because of not having deep footwells. Not big enough holes for the snow to fall through cause me problems and crappy balance but not footwells. I am not sure I ever have my feet that far forward except when I am sitting which isn't very often.

My point was that the Pro does a great job of getting power to the track. I've ridding IQ's, Rev's and others and I don't think any of them got the power to the track and had as good of transfer. How else do you explain that the 143hp Poo does so well against 160hp AC's and Doo's? I'm not bashing. In fact, I'm stating that the Doo motor is very strong and when the clutching is right and the transfer is good, they will have an incredibly strong sled.

I'm sure I can ride w/o foot wells, but I've gotten used to them. I don't have a problem getting my foot stuck, but apparently others do.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I don't understand why everyone keeps talking about the 143 horse thing. It was my understanding that it wasn't an rmk. The latest one's I've seen have been 147-148 with ethanol chip and 151-152 without it. I rode an etec with the narrow stance and I think it is an awesome sled. Felt like it had great power and tips up 10 times easier than the 08-09's. The one we had had a low end bog. It was a rental and not sure how many miles. Once you got past that it would rip. It wasn't an all the time thing. Just off and on throughout the day. They feel stouter than the pro. My big gripe with them is they feel nose heavy for a split second when you aren't on the gas. When you are countersteering and the skis are just flopping they always feel like there is weight on the skis. The new ones tip up better but they still don't sidehill like the pro or cat. Something is wrong if you have to go 3-4 inches narrower to get the same effect. I would like to ride an xp with a 15 wide track. As far as climbing goes, the xp's climb as good or better than anything. Anyone that says any different hasn't seen a good running one. There are always people that get theirs running and then there are the ones who don't. I don't know what it is about the pro. Idon't know that it puts more power to the track but it does seem to get up on the snow and go better than any of the others. Whether you like the pro or not, the one thing that is for sure is polaris just made it better for the doo guys.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
it may "seem" to get up on the snow better because in some snow condition a lightweight underpowered sled will tractor around just as good as a bigger engine sled.
untill you get to the hill:)

M

maxwellzx

Oct 16, 2008
its 2012 the end of the world of course skidoo is going to go out witha bang.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
im betting the next new doo chassis will be 5-10 years ahead of the other brands.and they will be playing katchup again.:)

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
Wow, perspective is certainly an interesting thing cause I would have suggested the same sorta thing. But further, like compare a top view, front view, rear view, and side view. Yeah they're both sleds with similar hoods, but man I think they're huge different. It seems to me the 2011 XP has sorta been massaged from 09 and 10's to get closer to where the Pro started, and the Doo riders are liking the changes, so that makes a statement in itself.

My perspective was different in that the chassis was the same and hoods not. I respect the pro and your opinion, just don't think I could get you to respect mine or doo.

C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
That would be cool.. ill be buying next year. I like the doo but i want a more flingable sled. The pol pro has me looking but im a big guy and it doesnt have enuff hp. Cat has a good motor and a all new 2012 from them will be interesting fer sure. Nice to finally have some good choices.

In 35 years of owning sleds ive never had a pol....:face-icon-small-sho. I wanted a tx 440 or a txl 340 sooooo bad in a late 70s:face-icon-small-win

got 2 txls 79 an 80

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa?,..... Doo already has the strongest sled on the market, and the bashing isnt bashing its discussion. Pro riders are so sensative.

I love all of your post's Snowmobiler. and bashing is a little more like..... Polaris sucks!:lol::lol::lol: just an exsample. not really bashin

Premium Features