• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need some help with a speedwerx 730

Z
Nov 26, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
Need some help guys. My younger bro got screwed over with a sled. He bought an 02 sno-pro mod with the speedwerx 730 motor in it. The guy told him it had a brand new top end with re-plated cylinders and it was all converted over to pump gas(told him he accidently got it too hot last season so he rebuilt it). Well my brother brought the sled up for xmas and we went to go riding. First thing i notice is the sled was owned previously by a friend of mine who sold it this sept with a blown motor (already caught the guy in a lie). I took a quick look over of the sled i told him how to warm it up (raced snox for 6 years). We got a mile down the ditch and the sled blew up. We got it back home and tore it down, it almost looks like it was a cold sieze but i know the sled was properly warmed up. The thing I cant tell is if the cylinders have been recently replated or not, as well as if the pistons are new. Tearing the sled down I could already tell that nothing was torqued properly or in the right pattern. I also contacted speedwerx to be told that they never made a pump gas instert for the 730 motor (another lie) and to make matters worse he wont answer his phone calls and still has the title. Ill attach some pics and let you guys throw in your input....im not a huge motor guru. THanks guys
100_1602.jpg

100_1601.jpg

100_1600.jpg

100_1599.jpg

100_1597.jpg

100_1596.jpg

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
a friend of mine had a 02 730 speedworx he had a pump gas head on the sled and ran great until burned to ground.

Z
Nov 26, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
We got ahold of the guy. He is actually being pretty good about it. He had the heads machined to run pump gas and actually rebuilt it twice. He bought it blown up and rebuilt it, blew it up and rebuilt it again. Everything is cool now.

Premium Features