• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Muskoka Freerider 9R First Ride

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Based on what I saw he liked the predictablility of the Polaris, sidehilling on hard snow, 7s, light steering effort with the ability to keep the skis down. That must me the standard Pro and not the Khaos. He didn't like the down hill carving as well on it.

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
Based on what I saw he liked the predictablility of the Polaris, sidehilling on hard snow, 7s, light steering effort with the ability to keep the skis down. That must me the standard Pro and not the Khaos. He didn't like the down hill carving as well on it.
It is the pro chassis

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
Still, by the far the best sledding channel on Youtube.

I recently rode a 155 Khaos Boost and thought it kept the skis down pretty well. Nothing like the Turbo R 154 I rode that is just constant wheelies. I think I would lean towards the Khaos just for a little more fun factor in the Polaris line.

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
I've really enjoyed his last couple videos on the 9R. It looks super capable, I'd love to try one. Honestly his doo turbo wheelies so much it doesn't look like he can get as much done on it.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
Still, by the far the best sledding channel on Youtube.

I recently rode a 155 Khaos Boost and thought it kept the skis down pretty well. Nothing like the Turbo R 154 I rode that is just constant wheelies. I think I would lean towards the Khaos just for a little more fun factor in the Polaris line.
That is the sled my buddy has now. He had the ProRMK Boost 165 last year. He wanted more playful so switched to the Khaos.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
^IDK turcotte is usually on a shorter track, I just like his attitude 100% no arrogance. good muskoga vid there, like the comparison stuff.

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
^IDK turcotte is usually on a shorter track, I just like his attitude 100% no arrogance. good muskoga vid there, like the comparison stuff.
I really like Turcotte and his demeanor, and agree he is usually on shorter track. Muskoka ran a 146 a lot last season and I’ve seen Brett on longer tracks too. Just my opinion that Matt has a slight edge in tree riding/mountain skills other than jumping which Brett is a master at.
Brett is an amazing rider too!

P
Dec 15, 2018
Both on 154’s now. Dudes 38 . How olds turcotte? Turcotte was a track racer right? Did he win a bunch? Then a x game winner and x game freestyle winner. I wonder if he competed with burandt? Muskoka is just one of us that decided to live the dream and work overtime summers and ride a couple months in winter. Now is he up to 3 months maybe? Different league all together but great content for all us you tube junkies. I actually think Rosco has some of the best content but he kinda fell off the map after the break up. Wonder what happened there? Any one know? Inquiring minds would like to know? Iam super bummed I didn’t win the ride with muskoka give away!!! Sucks I wanted to be jerry number 5 lol!
Both on 9r 154’s.
I propose a contest for all who are badass!
Film your uphill tree climb with a timer in the lower right screen. Longest steepest most gnarly continuous ride wins! I think maybe x-games may have to incorporate a tree climb in deep snow as an event!! Hate to say it but burandts are just ridiculous.

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
Both on 154’s now. Dudes 38 . How olds turcotte? Turcotte was a track racer right? Did he win a bunch? Then a x game winner and x game freestyle winner. I wonder if he competed with burandt? Muskoka is just one of us that decided to live the dream and work overtime summers and ride a couple months in winter. Now is he up to 3 months maybe? Different league all together but great content for all us you tube junkies. I actually think Rosco has some of the best content but he kinda fell off the map after the break up. Wonder what happened there? Any one know? Inquiring minds would like to know? Iam super bummed I didn’t win the ride with muskoka give away!!! Sucks I wanted to be jerry number 5 lol!
Both on 9r 154’s.
I propose a contest for all who are badass!
Film your uphill tree climb with a timer in the lower right screen. Longest steepest most gnarly continuous ride wins! I think maybe x-games may have to incorporate a tree climb in deep snow as an event!! Hate to say it but burandts are just ridiculous.
No argument that Turcotte is a legend but im betting more times than not Matt rides lines in the steep trees that Brett might not make. Racing, x games, jumping Turcotte wins. Ive been watching Turcotte most of his career and Matt the past few years.

P
Dec 15, 2018
yeah I guess the biggest difference is Matt’s not a team rider. I’d be surprised if he was not a ski-doo ambassador soon though. Iam sure he’s influencing the next generation of senders everyday!!! I may try and do a turcotte clinic next year just for fun I can’t ride well enough to go ride with those guys lol!! Muskoka has more followers than burandt and all of them lol. It’s just cool when you know they are just regular guys who go have fun and aren’t trying to sell Red Bull or whatever. In a race up steep tight trees you got muskoka? Depends on the wager but the higher it goes up the more I’d bet turcotte. Let’s get them to do it for our entertainment lol!!!

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
yeah I guess the biggest difference is Matt’s not a team rider. I’d be surprised if he was not a ski-doo ambassador soon though. Iam sure he’s influencing the next generation of senders everyday!!! I may try and do a turcotte clinic next year just for fun I can’t ride well enough to go ride with those guys lol!! Muskoka has more followers than burandt and all of them lol. It’s just cool when you know they are just regular guys who go have fun and aren’t trying to sell Red Bull or whatever. In a race up steep tight trees you got muskoka? Depends on the wager but the higher it goes up the more I’d bet turcotte. Let’s get them to do it for our entertainment lol!!!
Reality is very few guys can go ride with them on a hard technical ride, small handful maybe couple hundred guys in the world. Watch them both in super steep technical terrain and you will see the precision, control and lightening quick moves Muskoka displays everyday. The terrain Muskoka regularly plays in is incredibly steep and technical with very little margin for error and serious consequences for mistakes. Very few are capable of playing where he does. I have a lot of experience in the mountains back country skiing, mountaineering and riding sleds over the past 50 plus years and you get an eye for what you are looking at with video or photos of skiing, sledding or climbing. I am continually blown away at the terrain Muskoka navigates and plays in, i rarely see video of any of the other top mountain guys whether Burandt, Turcotte or anyone one else playing in comparable terrain. Im not saying they don't or can't but Muskoka documents it almost daily on video.
Fifty plus years in the Mountains I have watched and ridden with elite top skiers, boarders, climbers and snowmobilers and have yet to be as impressed as i am with Muskoka Matt.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Caleb would kill em both :cool:
I do think Brett would hold his own in trees if they were both on exact same Polaris track/motor combo. Hes the older of the two but when the jumps get built youd think the opposite. Just gotta keep him on the 155+. isnt his 9r a 146?

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
Yes his 9R is a 146 and Caleb is good and capable but he would not leave Matt, prolly would dump Brett though IMO. Ive seen Caleb ride and he is talented, so is Matt. That would be an excellent throwdown! Im a Montana guy so i would tend to be prejudiced towards Caleb or Keith.

P
Dec 15, 2018
My bad, I thought he was as riding a 154 too. Well today matt had his hands full with the kid Dallas!!! So maybe that crews going to get so so good they are the next thing lol! You guys are ever hear of Logan pehota? Omg he’s the sleeper but he skis better than allmost all humans and sleds allmost as good. Bc kids send it lol

Last edited:
P
Dec 15, 2018
Hijack derail….
Sore but in all this time I’ve been obsessing about being a mountain sledder I never heard his name. I actually heard it from the mini-jet boat scene. So after this you’ll all know too. Sorry again for the hijack now back to 9r stuff

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Yes his 9R is a 146 and Caleb is good and capable but he would not leave Matt, prolly would dump Brett though IMO. Ive seen Caleb ride and he is talented, so is Matt. That would be an excellent throwdown! Im a Montana guy so i would tend to be prejudiced towards Caleb or Keith.
Caleb would leave him. They have rode together and matt just watched. A good portion of the pros don't play on what he does. Caleb, Keith and burandt are the top of the food chain. Matt's a good rider but not on that level. What makes his channel good is it is more normal or relatable for most. Turcotte rocks in the trees also.

Premium Features