• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MTN. Tamer Suspension Help!!

mountain man

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Craigmont, ID
I recently purchased a used Timbersled rear suspension for an apex and used the stock yamaha slide rails, then decided to cut the rails and put them flat like the iceage rails. Everything was lined up straight with a jig and then welded. I was wondering if anyone could measure the distance from the center hole on the front suspension mount arm where the suspension bolts to the slide rail to the center hole on the rear suspension arm where the suspension mounts to the suplied bolt on bracket for the rear of the slide rail.
Thanks

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
careful on this... I have seen the rails fail after they have been re-welded and it sucks to tow out..

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
26.5" is where I have been running them. Keep the rear shock a bit straighter and is more big bump compliant.

mountain man

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Craigmont, ID
here's an idea

Thanks guys, i had drilled new holes 28 inches from the front mount to the front bolt on the brackets that hold the rear arm to the slide rail and it still isn't enough. The rear slider won't limit out so it couples the front arm to move parallel with the rear arm. The suspension just cams over and hits the bump stops. Was thinking of un bolting the rear brackets and letting the air out of the shocks and sliding the rear arm foward and clamping them back down at different spots to find the best position so the suspension will couple with the front but make sure the rear shock doesn't bottom out before the suspension couples together. Am i going down the right road with my idea?

Premium Features