• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris 2025 improvements.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Yeah that's interesting. On one hand, you can see where the crowds are going and avoid those spots. On the other hand, others can see where you go and find your hidey holes.
I wouldn’t worry about it, I’m sure it can be disabled. Cool use of the tech, but I probably wouldn’t use it.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
From this pic, not much change visibly that I see. I know that the replaced spider on the 24’ is a billet spider. This one looks like it’s back to a cast spider.🤷🏻‍♂️IMG_4046.png

C
Oct 26, 2023
Washington
From this pic, not much change visibly that I see. I know that the replaced spider on the 24’ is a billet spider. This one looks like it’s back to a cast spider.🤷🏻‍♂️View attachment 417346
It does look cast from the picture, but it could be forged and they shot peened it to increase the spyders strength. I believe shot peening removes stress risers in the outer surface of a materials and prevents stuff like cracks. I'm sure a mechanical engineer could freshen us up on if what I said was correct.

Very hard to tell in the picture cause of the bad angle and the quality.

It's good to see Polaris finally address issues, if I couldn't get an M858 I would buy a Polaris now. That 4 year warranty is a nice plus too.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
If they have so much confidence in this new spider how about they recall the 2022 boost P22 clutches instead of just letting us wait for them to come apart? Also pay for the chopper and rental if they blow up too! They need to put their money where their mouth is for riders to trust the p22. Some of us only get 1 or 2 trips a year and have to travel 28 hours round trip to get that ride in. Reliability is extremely important.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
It does look cast from the picture, but it could be forged and they shot peened it to increase the spyders strength. I believe shot peening removes stress risers in the outer surface of a materials and prevents stuff like cracks. I'm sure a mechanical engineer could freshen us up on if what I said was correct.

Very hard to tell in the picture cause of the bad angle and the quality.

It's good to see Polaris finally address issues, if I couldn't get an M858 I would buy a Polaris now. That 4 year warranty is a nice plus too.
If you read the fine print on warranty, it says max 24 months on 9r and boost. 4 year is 850/650 only

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Dealer just sent this. Much more detail and it is a forged spider. Kudos on Polaris for stepping up and addressing issues instead of coming out with the new chassis, a self driving electric sled 😂Resized_20240305_180924.jpeg

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
e0d59d7972ea5e79147aab4859c51c79.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best post on this forum for 2024

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Looks like some solid efforts at making things more reliable, and some welcome refinements. Solid moves if they pan out. Actually, if they are getting close on something big, showing they can get their current engine/chassis right would mean a lot. Obviously they're not falling behind in terms of how their sleds perform, so it's not like there's any rush. If the '25s don't have all these issues and a something big shows up for '26, it's a guaranteed seller. I still have my doubts about the P-22. I'm sure it'll be an improvement, but I think what people really want is a P-86 - beef up the P-85 like you should have to begin with and quit worrying about the people who've never heard of belt deflection. Chilly says they need to give up an buy a Doo anyway...

F
Jan 3, 2008
No more TSS!!! Throttle cable is coated now instead of bare steel cable. Brake software has also been updated if you watch Turcottes release video. They say after 3 seconds of both brake and throttle application a light comes on the dash, after 5 seconds engine goes into valve down to reduce power. If you fully release the brake or throttle everything resets and you are good to go. No more restarting the sled to get out of limp mode. All the changes sound solid to me. Only worry I have is the new drive shaft. Polaris doesn't have the best history with new drive shaft designs. Do all models get the new drivers or just the 9R and Boost?

Premium Features