• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris 2025 improvements.

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
More fine details on updates:
POLARIS 2025 QUALITY IMPROVEMENTS
Polaris engineers addressed several areas of quality improvement focus for model year 2025.
POWERTRAIN UPDATES

P22 Improvements
* Forged spider
* Improved cover
* New clutch bolt

650 and 850 Piston
* Improved durability
* Improved heat transfer

850 Patriot Oil System
* Increased low RPM oiling for improved durability

Patriot Boost Aux Injector Harness
* New and improved fuel injector wiring design and material

Patriot Boost Turbo Seal
* Improved sealing and reliability

New Spark Plugs
* BPR8ES spark plugs for 2025

PTO Rear Engine Mount
* New 2-bolt rear mount bracket
* Improved durability

CHASSIS UPDATES
New Starter and Bendix
* Greatly improved starting reliability and performance

Dual Extrovert Drivers
* Standard now on Patriot 9R and Boost Switchback Assault

RMK Rear Bumper
* Stronger
* Increased durability
* Maintains proper failure mode

Oil Bottle
* New mesh in oil bottle screen to reduce air bubble occurence

New Rail Caps
* Standard on all RMK models

Recoil Rope Guide
* New and improved recoil rope guide
* Improved wear resistance

7S DISPLAY UPDATES
Wifi is back
* Removed in model year 2022, back for 2025.
* Easily transfer and update data from the app.

New 5-way Switch
* Massive durability upgrade

Quality Improvements
* Key user improvements such as fuel readings and maps crashing.

New Ride Command features coming on 2025 7S
* Open Ride Areas
* Heat Mapping (shows where other riders have tracked recent rides

Other updates
*Up to 7lbs lighter
*1” Lower lightweight seat (9R & Boost)
*New throttle system
*New running board/Suspension mounting pad
*New lightweight LED headlight
*Lighter and stronger driveshaft

throttle.jpeg tips.jpeg changes.jpeg

Last edited:
E

Eatstone

Jan 23, 2021
East Kootenay
The throttle block looks cheap and very thin there the cable is retained.
The seat, yikes.
I don’t have issues with my 22 boards 🤷🏼
For an 850 guy there’s nothing that’ll make me upgrade from my 22.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
that's an impressive list of improvements relating to quality and it's great to see. makes one wonder what the hell they were thinking quality-wise prior to these changes.

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
Another list that includes some trail models and extra details. It's nice they are recognizing some of the issues and working on refinements anyways. Ideally, they would have just got it right the first time!

642e5867424c122ff6d81c8be36e0196.jpg

Sent from my SM-S916U1 using Tapatalk

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
I’m a sucker for aging chassis. refinements looked great to me. Seems like they pullled off lightest weight again, when hung all thawed out anyway. Whatever it’s worth.

J
Aug 30, 2010
Hakuba Japan
The 165 PRO RMK with the 3.25 track looks perfect for the conditions we have riding in Japan, steep and deep most of the time. Japan doesn't do snowcheck though, Polaris Japan decides on what models it will release here each year, and colours too. Am hoping the above model is included.

J
Aug 30, 2010
Hakuba Japan
The 165 PRO RMK 9R with the 3.25 track looks perfect for the conditions we have riding in Japan, steep and deep most of the time. Japan doesn't do snowcheck though, Polaris Japan decides on what models it will release here each year, and colours too. Am hoping the above model is included.

law.74

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 16, 2017
They killed the 650 Khaos. Guess I can never sell my wife’s 146.
Stupid move Polaris.
Going backwards with less options for younger, smaller, novice or less aggressive riders.

The 650 is such a great power plant that is now relegated to the one size fits some “SP”.

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
They killed the 650 Khaos. Guess I can never sell my wife’s 146.
Stupid move Polaris.
Going backwards with less options for younger, smaller, novice or less aggressive riders.

The 650 is such a great power plant that is now relegated to the one size fits some “SP”.
They also killed the two Evo models. Guess we don't need to recruit younger or less aggressive riders, eh?

Although I am glad to admit I like to see all the refinements for 2025. There's nothing there though that is going to get me to sell my '22 and '24 though. We'll just keep riding what we have. It's a pity the SP doesn't have the option to upgrade to the 7s display. The SP is just last year's stocking model, correct? That's what it looks like anyway. Notice for the 850 N/A' s they cut way back on color choices.

Last edited:

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
They also killed the two Evo models. Guess we don't need to recruit younger or less aggressive riders, eh?

Although I am glad to admit I like to see all the refinements for 2025. There's nothing there though that is going to get me to sell my '22 and '24 though. We'll just keep riding what we have. It's a pity the SP doesn't have the option to upgrade to the 7s display. The SP is just last year's stocking model, correct? That's what it looks like anyway. Notice for the 850 N/A' s they cut way back on color choices.
It saw a graphic of the 2025 models with a “2024 Evo” included… so I assume they are still producing it but selling it as a 2024?

I’ve been of the mentality for many years that Polaris needs to offer fewer options/models and focus on earlier delivery, lower pricing, and better quality/reliability. That said I would hate to see youth offerings get axed.

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota

You can add the 7S to the SP when you get to the accessories page under electronics. Both EVOs are listed in the 25 lineup as 24s, im guessing they just had a bunch of holdovers.

law.74

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 16, 2017
In hindsight, having bought, built and sold an RMK Evo I think it’s a joke.

Keeping the Pro Ride chassis on life support having killed the axys is a bit of a slap in the face.

The pro ride should have died and the axys should have taken its place in the value line up.

No one in their right mind would by an RMK Evo when the other two manufacturers sell similarly priced sleds that are actually capable of entry level mountain riding from the factory.

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
In hindsight, having bought, built and sold an RMK Evo I think it’s a joke.

Keeping the Pro Ride chassis on life support having killed the axys is a bit of a slap in the face.

The pro ride should have died and the axys should have taken its place in the value line up.

No one in their right mind would by an RMK Evo when the other two manufacturers sell similarly priced sleds that are actually capable of entry level mountain riding from the factory.
Excellent point ! Except now I have to spend over $1,000 on my Neo + to upgrade it to match the 2025 that was released. Oh well, I spent over $1,500 on the EVO to get it to where it needed to be which I assume is what you had to do too. EVO is still carbed, which I hate. WHY is the Pro-ride still alive??

H
Oct 14, 2009
Appleton Maine
Guys are like a bunch of friggen women. Never satisfied with anything. If they had 30 color options , would bitch about not the right color. If they offered 20 different models, guys would bitch about they not offering enough. They prob sold 10 Evo for christ sake. Now the throttle block is cheap. Sounds like guys got too much time on their hands and not enough time ripping on the sleds!

I for one and glad they didnt drop anything. At least they are making an effort to take care of some housekeeping issues.

Premium Features