• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MPI or MCX 14+ boost.

B
Dec 5, 2010
Everybody keeps saying mpi is cheaper but from the info I find they have the same retail number if not mcx is a few bucks cheaper.

Both good products, but fuel systems are night and day without a doubt.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just look at the biggest proponent for MPI on his forum. Christopher. He has a MPI s/c on "nytrocity" with a psycho sled bridge fuel controller a psycho sled clutch kit and from the sound of it soon to be a psycho sled bov. The only thing left MPI is the hoses and mounting hardware...

For the sake of being FAIR and HONEST here.

#1.
Yes, I did feel I needed to go to Moto's DynoJet Bridge Fuel Controller.
Something was very odd with my 1st generation GEMs unit.
None of us could figure out why my particular SuperCharged Sled was behaving so strangely. This was during that brief period when Matt was not working at MPI and Mac was just too busy. My understanding is that the GEMs unit has been upgraded since then.

So I opted to try a product from another SnoWest vendor.
Make no mistake one of the major things I do here on SnoWest is to TEST OUT NYTRO PRODUCTS and report back to all the members!
Moto's bridge worked great and solved my issues.

#2.
My MPI BOV works FINE.
I have NO ISSUES with it whatsoever.

I have the new 2nd generation BOV on my desk.
I will be posting about it soon, AND I am also buying Moto's new BOV.
I plan on using BOTH of them and reporting back to the members on a COMPARE and CONTRAST thread of what makes the two of them different.

#3.
The current clutching I have works fine.
Moto thinks we can squeeze out even more performance from the sled with his new "Secret Squirrel Kit". So once again I will test out something new for the members and report back. But there is just no way you can paint that as being a hit against MPI in any way. Its just not so. I could absolutely keep the OEM kit with the weight set MPI sent me and be just fine!

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
I like the debate on this thread. I'm looking forward to what MPI will do to make a higher boost kit and how it will perform. I'll be purchasing a new sled and not holding out on anything next year. I hope MPI will have a proven kit by then or MCX has my business.

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
I like the debate on this thread. I'm looking forward to what MPI will do to make a higher boost kit and how it will perform. I'll be purchasing a new sled and not holding out on anything next year. I hope MPI will have a proven kit by then or MCX has my business.

We've got a lot of stuff cooking for next year. The Viper turbo kit is the best we've ever build. We can't make them fast enough. We just sent a few pallets of turbo’s to Norway<ST1:p</ST1:p. We got in the turbo game on the Nytro mid way through the model run. At the time all of our focus was just keeping up with the demand. With us having a full season on the Viper last year has allowed us to spend time this year developing a wider offering of tested and proven products for next year.<O:p</O:p

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The worst thing about MPI is their ANCIENT terribly out of date website.
That poor site doesn't begin to do them justice.
Hopefully they will get a major update to it done this Spring/Summer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2 pro.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
What makes the MCX kits from my experience so great is the fuel controller. Its a completely stand alone no buttons to touch unit. runs flawlessly with no hickups, Which Is perfect for me right now. I built a mod sled a custom turbo'd ski doo 1000. I was always tinkering and fiddling with fuel controller and all sorts of stuff to get it to run right. I bought a mcx yamaha so I could just ride! Sled never even had a boost gauge on it when I purchased it. Its a odd and nice feeling. It has never let me down so far as far as the turbo system goes.

from what I've seen and so many people and companies use them... MPI calls it the GEMS? controller? then you got like "attitiude industries" and uhmm a bunch of the 2 stroke turbo kits use the same controller too....

The box ends up being made by Dobeck performance then rebranded. Now nothing against them as I had my own custom box made by them. Couldn't of done a home made turbo kit with out the help of those I had.... But the box (as of last year) to be completely honest really seemed to lack any real technology to it. it was the real "keep it simple" which Is great. but why not have your altitude sensor and possibly a air temp also. Or what ever else you need. That way you set your 1 fuel or a base line. and hide it under your hood and hopefully never look at it again. Hell I suppose If that was the case they wouldnt need buttons and from factory would come (like mcx kits) as something you cant fiddle with.

My cousin got a brand new I think 2013 or 2012 nytro. And with the mpi 180 turbo kit was something like 12,000 out the door all said and done or near that atleast. I mean you cant complain really a midly turbo'd sled brand new for that little.... That being said... It does have the gems controller which seems to work alright for him aside the tinkering with the box. This day and age the box's should be well off better than I'm seeing they are now. The only 2 kits I've personally seen (so many kits out there and I forget names.) are MCX obviously Best fuel controller hands down. and the Boondocker box for turbo'd 2 strokes. Seems like you just set a fuel and or power level and get rid of the box. I ride with a few 2-stroke turbo's with the box. 2 of them dont even have EGT's or A/F gauges on the sled. they dont need it.

So All the turbo Kits are really similar when It comes to the 4 strokes I've seen.... Just what it really comes down to is the fuel controller in the kits

T

Tarzannr1

Aug 16, 2010
North in Norway
www.youtube.com
Mcx all the way.(Supreme of the extreme)
[FONT=&quot]Since 1991 a company in the north of Sweden has been the world leader in producing and mounting powerful turbo kits on Motorcycles, Snowmobiles and
ATV: s.
Several world records speak its own Language[/FONT]

The goal is to manufacture Supreme quality for extreme use
that’s what the
Supreme of the extreme logo really mean.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
I just learned through that video that I have the old Gen 1 box :face-icon-small-con and now they are at gen 5? as of 2012 even at that. sled runs perfectly flawless, 0 issues no dials to turn lol

W
Mar 14, 2023
Alaska
If you already have our turbo kit then I can upgrade you to a 270 kit. Do you have a intercooler or the 180 non intercooled kit? We've always intended to offer the 270 kit but other projects have come up. I have a hand full of Mitsubishi 19T turbo's setting on the self right now. This is a pretty easy upgrade. Give me a call and lets talk about what we can put together for you.
Every heard of leaking oil from hotside of the turbo wastegate actuator. Unfortunately i can buy from mpi really looking for a garrett replacement also needed insight on the prologger. Lemme know can provide pictures later on if i get a response

Premium Features