• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Vipax-Combining David and Goliath

NOSNOWNOGO

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 22, 2021
Edmond Oklahoma
Yes its running mid 11s on 02. I'm messing with my fuel mixture and then will follow up trim to fuel mapping as needed. I used stock viper catch which I really don't like. It worked for test purposes. I'm building my own with a few tweaks to eliminate the need for roll over valve. The final part of this includes clutching prior to making final adjustments to map. I'm running a team secondary and a viper primary on a nytro motor with an mcx fuel controller and turbo set up off of my viper with polaris quick drive. To date I'm not aware of another setup like this so I have had to establish my own baseline and tune from there. It's really close now. Would be alot simpler if things cross-referenced from one brand to another as far as tension and spring load charts go. All good. If it was easy everyone would be doing it. I'll upload some pics of oil catch when I complete.

NOSNOWNOGO

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 22, 2021
Edmond Oklahoma
Currently yes I am. Not a base plug and play map though. Mark has been great in helping make necessary adjustments. They run a micro squirt setup. So options are out there. I ran a 330hp setup on a nytro Mark setup. Ran flawless. In my opinion he has the most experience and knowledge in the industry on the 1050 platform as well as 1000. The guy was putting turbos on sleds in the 80s and 90s. The sidewinder is essentially a 1050 with smaller pistons to get below the 1000cc threshold to be applicable for side by side implementation. Why make two engines within 50 cc. Makes sense to me. If Yamaha every put him to work as a completely funded R and D build guy it would be industry changing.

NOSNOWNOGO

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 22, 2021
Edmond Oklahoma
This is an amazing build. I'd love to hear more about it and how it turned out.
Thanks! I think I would say it exceeded my expectations. I was thinking it was going to be a Jenny Craig viper and handling would be similar but with less effort due to the weight loss program. I didn't get to put it in any deep stuff due to the lack of last season. I believe I resolved the rich issue and I plan to get some solid rides in on it this year. Hopefully the snow is there. Looking like it currently. One thing I will say is it's instant power. It kinda was before but not like it is now with belt drive and clutching setup. I need to hurry up and finish my latest brain damage project so I can get out when it's time. One might say I enjoy torturing myself. ;)

20221121_232503.jpg 20221106_182357.jpg

J

jarred kale

Jul 21, 2022
USA
Thanks! I think I would say it exceeded my expectations. I was thinking it was going to be a Jenny Craig viper and handling would 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 be similar but with less effort due to the weight loss program. I didn't get to put it in any deep stuff due to the lack of last season. I believe I resolved the rich issue and I plan to get some solid rides in on it this year. Hopefully the snow is there. Looking like it currently. One thing I will say is it's instant power. It kinda was before but not like it is now with belt drive and clutching setup. I need to hurry up and finish my latest brain damage project so I can get out when it's time. One might say I enjoy torturing myself. ;)
I love the work behind it ! keep it up

NOSNOWNOGO

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 22, 2021
Edmond Oklahoma
It's been a long haul to get here but I was finally able to resolve the oil return issue and get it out on some good snow. Far exceeded any expectations I had going into the build. Everything seems to be balanced very well. Zero gyro effect. Trashed some tight lodgepole areas. Skis and handle bar tight. One huge difference was its not as much of a hop over as a toss over now. That caught me a little unexpectedly. Incredibly responsive and lifts right to the top of the snow. Kmod skid is doing its job well. Quick drive seems to be taking the power increase just fine. I plan to do some video next trip hopefully in a few weeks while the snow is good.

Premium Features