• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Missing Boost Sled, need it found.

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
I'm starting to think they built sleds for people they recognized first. As in people who are habitual buyers. I have both mine. I have bought a new sled every year since I switched to Polaris and bought 2 this year. Everyone else I know that gets a sled every year or every other years seems to have theirs now. I do know that Burandt has NOT gotten either of his sleds yet. They are running Axys as their rentals right now.
The "habitual buyers" I know all have their sleds as well. Interesting theory! Honestly, if I was in charge, that would be a factor in the equation.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Build sequence is driven by color schemes, motors and clutches trickling in, availability of shocks, skids, tracks and other build options, common parts like 7s and egts, competing for line time with trail sleds.

Allocation of actual builds to customers was supposedly random, but I can't believe they are no longer considering ship zone when determining who gets shipped when.

Dealer stock units - including trail sleds - are also being built, shipped, and received, consuming parts like tracks, skids, motors, and sensors, while snowcheck builds will wait for parts after they are built on the line. Two dealers I visited for parts had new 850 stock sleds on the floor that arrived in the past two weeks.

Purchasing and scheduling has to be like a persian bazaar behind the curtain. Snowchecks are not just "moving to the front of the build schedule". That's pure BS. Poo's huge color and build option choices are two-edged - great for sales in spring, more than challenging to prioritze. Snowcheck for 23 may see big changes, but lie till they buy may still work.

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
But if they have one guy like me who has snochecked 4-5 times in the past 6 years, and another guy who this is his first snowcheck, and we spec'd the exact same sled, and they only have one available currently, I bet I know who gets it. They would be foolish to do it differently.

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
I’ve snow checked every year Polaris from 2011- 2022 and I still don’t have my new Khaos. Seems pretty random to me

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
No way scheduling pays attention to your snowcheck history. Unique identities are not serialized in the order entry platform. You don’t provide a ss# or unique customer poo ID when you order. Customers float between dealers, different names, same name different person, etc. Dealers have histories, but only for their customers. Otherwise they would snipe each other’s customers. It’s just the order number associated with the name/email address you used and the build, and eventually a VIN.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
I'm starting to think they built sleds for people they recognized first. As in people who are habitual buyers. I have both mine. I have bought a new sled every year since I switched to Polaris and bought 2 this year. Everyone else I know that gets a sled every year or every other years seems to have theirs now. I do know that Burandt has NOT gotten either of his sleds yet. They are running Axys as their rentals right now.
Haven’t gotten either of mine and I snowcheck every year.
For those that haven’t realized yet Polaris emails are best case scenario for receiving your sled. They don’t even know if they will meet the deadlines it depends on if they keep receiving parts from their suppliers.

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
Its clear they have a scheduling problem. Need to order 12 months in advance now.. 6 months no longer enough time.

Order in October.. deliver in october

D
Sep 13, 2009
Got an email in September saying everything was on schedule sold my 2021 sled week later I got an email saying you’ll be here December 15 didn’t show up then got an email saying it shipped December 15 it’s now January 8 still no sled

T
Oct 16, 2017
But if they have one guy like me who has snochecked 4-5 times in the past 6 years, and another guy who this is his first snowcheck, and we spec'd the exact same sled, and they only have one available currently, I bet I know who gets it. They would be foolish to do it differently.

Yeah - the new guy. You’re already a repeat customer

S
Nov 3, 2019
Would have to disagree with you on that one. A buddy is a sponsored Polaris rider, and he doesn't have any of his sleds yet.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Would have to disagree with you on that one. A buddy is a sponsored Polaris rider, and he doesn't have any of his sleds yet.
That's why I said Chris didn't get his. Customers took priority of the sponsored guys. Tell your buddy to go ride for Cat. He wouldn't be waiting.

C
Dec 4, 2014
It is time to admit reality. Polaris failed miserably and has spent more time and effort on making excuses than they spent on preparing to deliver orders. Both Ski Doo and Arctic Cat have delivered all their snow checks or offered the customer the chance to modify the order so a sled could be delivered.

Myself and a friend ordered exactly the same sled from same dealer. Mine is in the same status as the day the order was confirmed and his was delivered a week before Thanksgiving. He snow checked once 7 years ago, I have snow checked 4 and taken 1 one more off the floor in the last 6 years.

The main priority at Polaris is not satisfying their customers or delivering product. The management is only concerned about preserving the stock price. Don't expect to see any incentive to take the sled ordered for this season that will never see snow in 2022.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
It is time to admit reality. Polaris failed miserably and has spent more time and effort on making excuses than they spent on preparing to deliver orders. Both Ski Doo and Arctic Cat have delivered all their snow checks or offered the customer the chance to modify the order so a sled could be delivered.

Myself and a friend ordered exactly the same sled from same dealer. Mine is in the same status as the day the order was confirmed and his was delivered a week before Thanksgiving. He snow checked once 7 years ago, I have snow checked 4 and taken 1 one more off the floor in the last 6 years.

The main priority at Polaris is not satisfying their customers or delivering product. The management is only concerned about preserving the stock price. Don't expect to see any incentive to take the sled ordered for this season that will never see snow in 2022.
Funny because I have 2 good friends that are both waiting on their snowchecked turbo Freerides with no ETA from Doo. You should go buy an Arctic Cat. Polaris won't miss you.

df9a363f681ef81cde72a2508536dedc.jpeg

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT

Complete bs. Have buddies waiting on ski doos and no idea when they are coming. They can cancel them. Dealer doesn't care because he will make 2 grand more selling to someone else. Doo isn't any better than poo and i suspect cat is no different other than they have a quarter or half the sleds to build. I bought 2 yamaha kid sleds and got them way early. They probably only had 98 more sleds to get to customers so probably not a problem.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
Got an update on my missing sled yesterday when I called Polaris support. Was told it’s still in production and they are projecting it to ship in January. When I asked for clarification on it they told me they are hoping it ships in January but that there is a chance it doesn’t. Some of my friends sleds have taken around a month to arrive at their dealers in Canada once they have been sent to the distribution center. One boost showed up at the dealer on Jan 5 that had a Nov 18 manufacture date on the tunnel. At this point I’m anticipating a late February or March delivery date. On the plus side this is the first time that I feel they are being honest. I just wish they had been honest back in November when they kept saying just 2 more weeks. I would have planned my winter differently.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
I’m thinking that email was sent to someone who was originally supposed to get their sled by the end of December.
Im going to go ahead and assume that many of us with the sometime and January email will be getting new emails shortly stating sometime in February then when it gets late in February a big chunk of those will be pushed to sometime in March.

We are a long ways from December 15th I’m pretty sure Polaris knew more likely than not December 15th was never going to happen for most?

How could they! ?
e

Premium Features