• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Missing Boost Sled, need it found.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
If you finance your sled you don't deserve to snowmobile. ?

Comparing an EV to a snowmobile is flat stupid. Then again I have yet to see anything with any substance come out of youtube/blogger JeffBrine. A good friend has been patiently waiting for his Tesla Plaid that was promised September 2021. That's awesome you got your Chevy Volt on time or whatever lame electric car you got. Have you ever thought that you bought one of the least desirable cars? I am sure a Boost is way more desirable that what ever cheesey EV you bought that no one wants.

Last edited:
J
Dec 15, 2021
Victor
If you finance your sled you don't deserve to snowmobile. ?

Comparing an EV to a snowmobile is flat stupid. Then again I have yet to see anything with any substance come out of youtube/blogger JeffBrine. A good friend has been patiently waiting for his Tesla Plaid that was promised September 2021. That's awesome you got your Chevy Volt on time or whatever lame electric car you got. Have you ever thought that you bought one of the most least desirable cars? I am sure a Boost is way more desirable that what ever cheesey EV you bought that no one wants.
Ah, the tough guy comes out to play.

First, its Jeff BRINES. Not Brine. Unlike you, I have the balls to post using my real name.

"A good friend"? Really? You have friends? Shocking. (seriously, I can't fathom what you'd be like as a "friend"). You are this big of a liability online, I cringe to think what its like being around you in "real life".

I could post photos of my car (which is fast, and frankly amazes me in everyway), but I won't. I'm positive Chadly's car quiver is far cooler/bigger than my own and is the exact kind of dick waving that gets you out of bed in the morning.

My read on Chadly: Hugely insecure. I'd have to ask his therapist as to "why" but I digress. He built a successful company and now wants everyone to know how cool he is. Unfortunately, all the cool things in your toybox won't make up for the fact you are a giant prick and nobody actually wants to be friends with you. Personally, I find you to be one of the most repulsive humans I've come across (which is frankly, impressive). You contribute nothing besides a massive ego (again, a reflection of your insecurity) and are convinced he with the most stuff, wins. As they say, perception is reality; to each their own, but I'd wager based on your online voice/activity something isn't put together quiet right.

Turning things back to me (gnarcissm), I do post to youtube from time to time. I enjoy it, and have the know-how to put together long form reviews a good number of people find value in. (in fact, I've received a number of PMs here about them). You don't find value in them. Cool. Move on. I don't care. Not sure how one can post to Snowest but talk **** about posting to youtube (kettle calling the pot black?) There is a particular irony to someone thinking youtube posters "suck" but forum posting is okay? I enjoy contributing to a community of like-minded people (again, on or off line). Its fun. it feels good to help people. I hope this is a cornerstone to my life and something I expand on as I grow older (helping people, contribution of knowledge, lending a hand; not just youtube reviews...but that is an avenue of sharing).

To end with some dick waving, I'm pretty confident I am more capable in the mountains than you, and am happy to back this up or even take you out. Silly competition aside, I do believe I'm likely a better human to those around me (online or off). That lets me sleep easy at night.

Have fun being an asshole to those around you. I'm sure its a life well lived.

Last edited:
G
Dec 20, 2007
Poo had no idea in March what the situation was going to be 6 months down the road. That's why they limited sales in the first place. Saying there is an "end of line" implies that there was a start. lol The sales and manufacturing strategies of the sled OEM's put them in a much worse situation in regards to ability to react and resolve than auto. In the auto world we're in communication with our suppliers at least weekly, often daily, in regards to shipments, component availability, etc. In the sled world, an order is placed in April and it's not due for months, often arriving in only a few or less shipments. By the time that shipment doesn't arrive and you realize there's a problem, you're f'd.

And it's not just Poo we're talking about. I have friends with brand new Ski-Doo's and Lynx's sitting on the dealer floor for nearly 2 months waiting for a gauge cluster or DESS.
Agree a 100%, except for reasoning for limiting offerings in April. Polaris has been riding the hype train since 2010 and the Pro. This only got worse in 2013; most flickable (marketed) sled EVER!! From 2011-2015 the overstocking of sleds kept the prices low, as holdovers (some as old as 3 years) were easy to come by and cheap. This left them will a huge amount of outdated chassis sleds to dump when the Axys came out; once again, unlimited Axys's were available. Let's not even talk about the resale market which was abysmal.

They got smart this time around; limit production on matyrx.......limit it massively on the boost. Maintain hype for 2023 and maybe 2024 while people make stop gap decisions while waiting in line to get a Boost. Keep producing Axys's to get rid on non-redundant parts, while maintaining pricing because there are limited other options. By the time the total cycle catches up, we are looking at a new chassis again. Sucks for the consumer...brilliant on Polaris's behalf.

Polaris....Stoking the hype train since 2011!

J
Dec 15, 2021
Victor
You got that car in a timely manner because you paid full price. And I promise they didn't commit to a delivery date. They may have provided an approximation based upon what they were currently seeing, but it was pretty broad. I know...because I see the OEM orders. The auto makers are prioritizing all inventory to special orders right now (not bought off a dealer's lot) in effort of maximizing profit. The auto OEM's can't tell you week from week what parts they're going to have to build cars, so they certainly can't predict timing. I'll assume you didn't order a base model of something...because had you, it would likely have been delayed unless you're buying fleet vehicles. They're pushing out as much max content as they can right now, again because that's where they make the most money. Many base model vehicles aren't even available right now. The assembly lines at the suppliers for those products are literally shut down. There are no incentives to be had right now and most dealers aren't even honoring employee discount programs.

Depending on your region and the OEM, many dealers still have empty lots. But don't feel bad for the dealers. 2021 is the best year many have had in decades. Again...because they can sell at full price, don't have to honor any incentive programs, they have no advertising costs, etc., etc. Many dealers have figured out the game and they have friends, family, etc. coming in and ordering vehicles with no intention of ever picking them up, just so the dealer can get some inventory on the lot that they can then sell at full MSRP. OEM's aren't doing too bad either thanks to their prioritization of the high end, high profit vehicles. The ones bearing the brunt of it all are the suppliers who based their costs on a predicted volume which isn't there. The suppliers aren't getting paid any more for their parts than they did 2 years ago. Actually, they're getting paid less because every year costs on parts have to be reduced as part of the contracts with the OEM's.

My point here is...the snowmobile industry is NOTHING like the auto biz. The volumes simply don't scale and the sales strategies/production strategies are nothing alike. If an auto OEM applies pressure to a chip supplier for product, they're going to win out over the sled OEM. And likewise....if a cell phone manufacturer applies pressure to a chip supplier, they're going to win over an auto OEM.

The sled OEM's aren't keeping secrets. They've literally been telling you everything they know. I understand how communication may seem so easy, but when it has to travel through a dozen different people/suppliers/corporations before it gets to you....it doesn't happen instantly. It often becomes a piece of "corporate strategy" and negotiations. I work for one of the largest global automotive suppliers on the planet. We can only go off course so much based upon predictions. Despite some early 2021 "expert predictions" that there could be shortages, the chip supply problem that I referenced earlier wasn't directly communicated to me until September of last year. Now imagine being a sled manufacturer whose production is supposed to be starting at that time. That chip passes through no less than a half dozen suppliers before it gets to my floor so it then took another 2 months of communications through the supply chain before we understood just how bad the situation was. And that situation is changing every week based upon who the chip supplier decided to run parts for the week prior, what ships were allowed to dock at the ports, how many employees were out with Covid, etc., etc. As of today I literally have no idea what we'll receive. We might get 5 parts that utilize that chip this week, we might get 1,000, or we might get zero. How could I communicate that to my customer? Probably the same way Polaris has been communicating it to you. Basically...we're sorry, please understand it's out of our control and we're doing the best we can. Think about it this way.....they told us 2 years ago that it would take "2 weeks to flatten the curve." How did that prediction play out?

I do sympathize with those who ended up with nothing to ride this year. That would obviously suck. You can ride nuts to butts with me on the next trip if it helps.
I kind of baited you, but the reason I got a car in a timely manner is because the car company in question is more vertically integrated than the Fords, GMs and sled manufacturers. If you own the supply chain, you can be more precise with your order fulfillment. (and also, to be clear, the car company in question isn't exactly known for their timeliness...they just started getting serious on that front)

Again, my big point is not to say "this is easy to fix". Its to say they can (and should) communicate better with their customers. As I've posted elsewhere, if you don't believe this is possible then I'm glad you don't work in software/tech. This is very much a remediable problem in 2022.

If I had the opportunity to jump in and help Polaris I'd do a few things...

1) Build a more robust communication platform between the buyer and the company. How many people here have noted they received a "it shipped" email AFTER they picked up their snowcheck? This illustrates how bad Polaris's systems are. What you'd instead want is to pair the internal tracking polaris is using (and dealers/employees see) with the customer's snowcheck portal. Its not hard. This keeps the customer from calling, and keeps the customer going back to the Polaris website to see the status of their sled. This also gives Polaris an easy avenue to send discounts for accessories/gear (that is maybe overstocked) to the customer who is waiting, keeping the customer feeling good while keeping inventory turns where you need them to be. (There are more reasons but I'm trying to keep this short)

2) When I tell my friends what sled I ordered, it sounds more like a nuclear launch codes than it does a snowmobile. Polaris knew they were entering into a tough supply chain and they ADDED A BAZZILION SKEWS. WHY?! RMK Matryx Slash Khaos Boost 155 2.75 black on black - holy ****. What are you doing? Polaris should pare back their offerings to help their buyers manage their supply chain more effectively. If you go to their website and sort through the number of platforms, track lengths/types, colors and engine options its dizzying. Its even confusing to me, an uber passionate rider! This costs a lot more money, time and takes a lot of efficiencies out of the system. I'd rework this based on what is actually selling/working; as Chipotle, Apple and Tesla have all proven - less=more.

I've got a sled to ride, and honestly mother nature isn't cooperating anyway around here. I do get frustrated by everyone saying "this is what it is, how could it be better". Really? That's not the spirit that lead to turbo'd sleds, cars that go 0-60 in under 2 seconds or super computers in our pockets. You HAVE to be willing to identify problems and pair them with solutions if you want to live in a better reality.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Ah, the tough guy comes out to play.

First, its Jeff BRINES. Not Brine. Unlike you, I have the balls to post using my real name.

"A good friend"? Really? You have friends? Shocking. (seriously, I can't fathom what you'd be like as a "friend"). You are this big of a liability online, I cringe to think what its like being around you in "real life".

I could post photos of my car (which is fast, and frankly amazes me in everyway), but I won't. I'm positive Chadly's car quiver is far cooler/bigger than my own and is the exact kind of dick waving that gets you out of bed in the morning.

My read on Chadly: Hugely insecure. I'd have to ask his therapist as to "why" but I digress. He built a successful company and now wants everyone to know how cool he is. Unfortunately, all the cool things in your toybox won't make up for the fact you are a giant prick and nobody actually wants to be friends with you. Personally, I find you to be one of the most repulsive humans I've come across (which is frankly, impressive). You contribute nothing besides a massive ego (again, a reflection of your insecurity) and are convinced he with the most stuff, wins. As they say, perception is reality; to each their own, but I'd wager based on your online voice/activity something isn't put together quiet right.

Turning things back to me (gnarcissm), I do post to youtube from time to time. I enjoy it, and have the know-how to put together long form reviews a good number of people find value in. (in fact, I've received a number of PMs here about them). You don't find value in them. Cool. Move on. I don't care. Not sure how one can post to Snowest but talk **** about posting to youtube (kettle calling the pot black?) There is a particular irony to someone thinking youtube posters "suck" but forum posting is okay? I enjoy contributing to a community of like-minded people (again, on or off line). Its fun. it feels good to help people. I hope this is a cornerstone to my life and something I expand on as I grow older (helping people, contribution of knowledge, lending a hand; not just youtube reviews...but that is an avenue of sharing).

To end with some dick waving, I'm pretty confident I am more capable in the mountains than you, and am happy to back this up or even take you out. Silly competition aside, I do believe I'm likely a better human to those around me (online or off). That lets me sleep easy at night.

Have fun being an asshole to those around you. I'm sure its a life well lived.
I'd like to add to this-

CHADLYS GOT A LITTLE WILLY!!!

S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
You could always just get the 21 fixed yourself and go ride the Effing thing…….

Yeah it sucks to fix what shouldn’t be your problem…… but it’s still cheaper than buying a different sled.

Or keep complaining about it

Yeah I could go buy a brand new track and aftermarket drivers and cut my rails and spend $3000 to ride my sled that I would’ve liked to sell 2 months ago lol

What’s the point of buying a new sled every year to make sure they last or at least your problems will be taken care of under warranty ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Yeah I could go buy a brand new track and aftermarket drivers and cut my rails and spend $3000 to ride my sled that I would’ve liked to sell 2 months ago lol

What’s the point of buying a new sled every year to make sure they last or at least your problems will be taken care of under warranty ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it a 155 or 165?

Probably could get it rideable for $1200.

S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
Is it a 155 or 165?

Probably could get it rideable for $1200.
$1200 for a track, drivers, antistab and labour to install everything ? man I'm shopping at the wrong place hahaha

but my new sled will be here any day now, so i've been told .. sorry for bring a sour broken record on here .. doesn't help that I live in skidoo country and we've had the most epic 2 months of pow here in whistler. I tried to contact customer care to have them hear me out and make it right somehow, but they have been less than ideal in their communications... thanks for letting me vent.

H
Jan 8, 2022
Michigan
I kind of baited you, but the reason I got a car in a timely manner is because the car company in question is more vertically integrated than the Fords, GMs and sled manufacturers. If you own the supply chain, you can be more precise with your order fulfillment. (and also, to be clear, the car company in question isn't exactly known for their timeliness...they just started getting serious on that front)

Again, my big point is not to say "this is easy to fix". Its to say they can (and should) communicate better with their customers. As I've posted elsewhere, if you don't believe this is possible then I'm glad you don't work in software/tech. This is very much a remediable problem in 2022.

If I had the opportunity to jump in and help Polaris I'd do a few things...

1) Build a more robust communication platform between the buyer and the company. How many people here have noted they received a "it shipped" email AFTER they picked up their snowcheck? This illustrates how bad Polaris's systems are. What you'd instead want is to pair the internal tracking polaris is using (and dealers/employees see) with the customer's snowcheck portal. Its not hard. This keeps the customer from calling, and keeps the customer going back to the Polaris website to see the status of their sled. This also gives Polaris an easy avenue to send discounts for accessories/gear (that is maybe overstocked) to the customer who is waiting, keeping the customer feeling good while keeping inventory turns where you need them to be. (There are more reasons but I'm trying to keep this short)

2) When I tell my friends what sled I ordered, it sounds more like a nuclear launch codes than it does a snowmobile. Polaris knew they were entering into a tough supply chain and they ADDED A BAZZILION SKEWS. WHY?! RMK Matryx Slash Khaos Boost 155 2.75 black on black - holy ****. What are you doing? Polaris should pare back their offerings to help their buyers manage their supply chain more effectively. If you go to their website and sort through the number of platforms, track lengths/types, colors and engine options its dizzying. Its even confusing to me, an uber passionate rider! This costs a lot more money, time and takes a lot of efficiencies out of the system. I'd rework this based on what is actually selling/working; as Chipotle, Apple and Tesla have all proven - less=more.

I've got a sled to ride, and honestly mother nature isn't cooperating anyway around here. I do get frustrated by everyone saying "this is what it is, how could it be better". Really? That's not the spirit that lead to turbo'd sleds, cars that go 0-60 in under 2 seconds or super computers in our pockets. You HAVE to be willing to identify problems and pair them with solutions if you want to live in a better reality.

I lived in California, working onsite at Tesla ( I presume that's who you're being so sly about) while developing and launching the Model 3. I can assure you, they don't have their **** together as much as you'd like to think. They're where they are for one reason and one reason only, Elon. He's a pretty amazing dude. If you buy me a beer sometime, I may tell you about my lunch date with him at SpaceX.

For starters, they've had many things handed to them on a silver platter by either the federal or CA government, including their manufacturing plant in Hayward. They do some very unconventional things, have little regard for regulations or the bodies who are intended to enforce them, and they pay the cost for the majority of the risks they take. They release product which isn't ready and sell the fixes to the consumer by pitching it as "feature updates" via automatic software downloads/upgrades. Their employee turnover rate is incredibly high thanks to the way in which they burn everyone out. Their warranty claims are incredibly high and JD Power has recently ranked their initial quality lower than ANY OTHER OEM. People put up with it because....it's a Tesla. Much in the same way the brand loyalist's always ignore the negative realities associated to their sled brand of choice. Whenever times get tough at Tesla, all Elon has to do is go to Twitter to raise a few billion from the ignorant masses. Good for him. It works. But let's not pretend they're doing things better than anyone else.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I lived in California, working onsite at Tesla ( I presume that's who you're being so sly about) while developing and launching the Model 3. I can assure you, they don't have their **** together as much as you'd like to think. They're where they are for one reason and one reason only, Elon. He's a pretty amazing dude. If you buy me a beer sometime, I may tell you about my lunch date with him at SpaceX.

For starters, they've had many things handed to them on a silver platter by either the federal or CA government, including their manufacturing plant in Hayward. They do some very unconventional things, have little regard for regulations or the bodies who are intended to enforce them, and they pay the cost for the majority of the risks they take. They release product which isn't ready and sell the fixes to the consumer by pitching it as "feature updates" via automatic software downloads/upgrades. Their employee turnover rate is incredibly high thanks to the way in which they burn everyone out. Their warranty claims are incredibly high and JD Power has recently ranked their initial quality lower than ANY OTHER OEM. People put up with it because....it's a Tesla. Much in the same way the brand loyalist's always ignore the negative realities associated to their sled brand of choice. Whenever times get tough at Tesla, all Elon has to do is go to Twitter to raise a few billion from the ignorant masses. Good for him. It works. But let's not pretend they're doing things better than anyone else.
You do know you are arguing with some one who is a little bit ignorant??
Maybe he shouldn't use his real name on the forum?

J
Dec 15, 2021
Victor
You do know you are arguing with some one who is a little bit ignorant??
Maybe he shouldn't use his real name on the forum?
Your disdain for your fellow humans continues to impress me. I use my real name on everything because I'm hiding from nothing. YouTube Channel, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter. I also own up to my mistakes (a mistake others have made, too). If you have any questions about ^^^ I'm an open book.

Regardless, the ignorant one is the one who thinks he's private, when he's not. I could dox you, but I won't, because you've chosen to be private so I will respect that.

See what I did there Chadly? I actually hold myself to a higher standard than someone around me, even when that someone is going to great lengths to try and inflict some kind of internet anguish on me.

You are a special human dude, I'll give you that.

Last edited:

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Reasons Chadly remains anonymous-
#1- Its the internet, and he's a troll.
#2- He's not trying to attract followers, and likely doesn't have instagram, facebook, or twitter cuz he's got a lambo and no time for that chit.
#3- He's got a little willy.

Last edited:
J
Dec 15, 2021
Victor

I hear everything you are saying, and until a few months ago would be on the other end of this conversation (more likely to side with you). I've had a lot of hate for Elon over the years, too. I found him to be brash, egotistical and was jealous of his infinitely large checkbook.

...then I drove a Tesla a few months back and realized "I was wrong". He's an operator. He executes on a level few CEOs ever have.

Yes, the company has had QC problems, which is not surprising to me in the slightest when doing something that hasn't been done for eons (building an auto manufacturing company from the ground up). The investment, refinements and work has paid off IMO. Later model Teslas are not having the problems the early ones did, and even a lot of those built 5+ years ago are proving to be incredibly durable vehicles (with far FAR fewer moving parts then their ICE counterparts). The AI systems in my car are so far beyond anything any other vehicle has, it literally feels like you are in something from a decade past what any other car company has brought to fruition. Mine drove me to the top of a mountain pass today without any input. It cost me less than $1 to and from my house (1/8th the cost of driving either of my trucks). And it was faster than anything else in the parking lot. Oh, and yeah, it does update itself via my own wifi, which I find incredible. Its going all the right directions while the rest of the automotive world is scrambling to step up. The only comparison I have is when the entire world was blackberry and Apple showcased their first iPhone. Look what happened after that...

Less moving parts, more software driven, the most impressive real-world utilization of AI in my life...yeah, he's doing things a LOT better than anyone else.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I hear everything you are saying, and until a few months ago would be on the other end of this conversation (more likely to side with you). I've had a lot of hate for Elon over the years, too. I found him to be brash, egotistical and was jealous of his infinitely large checkbook.

...then I drove a Tesla a few months back and realized "I was wrong". He's an operator. He executes on a level few CEOs ever have.

Yes, the company has had QC problems, which is not surprising to me in the slightest when doing something that hasn't been done for eons (building an auto manufacturing company from the ground up). The investment, refinements and work has paid off IMO. Later model Teslas are not having the problems the early ones did, and even a lot of those built 5+ years ago are proving to be incredibly durable vehicles (with far FAR fewer moving parts then their ICE counterparts). The AI systems in my car are so far beyond anything any other vehicle has, it literally feels like you are in something from a decade past what any other car company has brought to fruition. Mine drove me to the top of a mountain pass today without any input. It cost me less than $1 to and from my house (1/8th the cost of driving either of my trucks). And it was faster than anything else in the parking lot. Oh, and yeah, it does update itself via my own wifi, which I find incredible. Its going all the right directions while the rest of the automotive world is scrambling to step up. The only comparison I have is when the entire world was blackberry and Apple showcased their first iPhone. Look what happened after that...

Less moving parts, more software driven, the most impressive real-world utilization of AI in my life...yeah, he's doing things a LOT better than anyone else.
You guys are both idiots ? I've posted pictures of myself and of my bright yellow truck (which happens to have my name on the side) on here multiple times. I'm far from anonymous. I'm sorry it's angers you both that I don't have social media so that you can see how much better my life is than yours ? Keep the personal attacks coming!

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
$1200 for a track, drivers, antistab and labour to install everything ? man I'm shopping at the wrong place hahaha

but my new sled will be here any day now, so i've been told .. sorry for bring a sour broken record on here .. doesn't help that I live in skidoo country and we've had the most epic 2 months of pow here in whistler. I tried to contact customer care to have them hear me out and make it right somehow, but they have been less than ideal in their communications... thanks for letting me vent.
I’m talking buy a used track and driveshaft off eBay and ride the stupid thing.

Or sell it.

There’s options out there…..

H
Jan 8, 2022
Michigan

....until the stock tanks for any given reason and the company is left with literally nothing. They have almost zero assets to speak of. If it wasn't for his checkbook or the deal he made with China, they'd have been out of business in 2016. Again...good for him.

Their QC problems are inherent with their business strategy. They could have taken steps to improve them many years ago and the fact that they still haven't says much. As far as doing something that hasn't been done....not exactly. They relied heavily on suppliers who have been doing it for...eons. They got a former GM/Toyota factory handed to them that was nearly plug and play. In the cases where they decided to "do it better", rarely did it work out as planned (Model 3 production line ring any bells?) and they often ended up accepting their losses and resorting to traditional methods. Elon has admitted as much in recent years. Their attitude against traditional OEM's and methods cost them dearly.

Many don't see "more software driven" as a plus. Dare I say most don't? Calling the company's faults a wash vs. it's AI is one thing. Saying that they're somehow a LOT better is a stretch. Why...because you can have it make fart noises? I'm pretty sure the analysts are with me on this one. Again....brand loyalty. Let's not turn this thread into a Tesla cost of ownership discussion but comparing it to your trucks is a bit of a stretch, yes? Unless of course you're using it to haul your sleds or other misc. crap around? It's pretty much a wash long term compared to vehicles in it's class....give or take if you got one that ended up needing a bunch of warranty/service work.

I have a lot of admiration for what Elon has done and how his products have influenced the industry. However, I've seen a lot of crappy things too. You might be surprised to learn that Tesla is more interested in what other OEM's are doing than other OEM's are interested in what Tesla is doing. Take that for whatever it's worth. At the end of the day, from the perspective of someone who has made the majority of their living in the auto industry for 30 years, Tesla is no better than the rest...they're just different. Tit for tat.

This discussion has been fun but a bit off-topic. Wanna talk about vaccine mandates instead?

H
Jan 8, 2022
Michigan
and even a lot of those built 5+ years ago are proving to be incredibly durable vehicles (with far FAR fewer moving parts then their ICE counterparts).

Oh...and as far as the reliability of the older models goes:

J
Dec 15, 2021
Victor
....until the stock tanks for any given reason and the company is left with literally nothing. They have almost zero assets to speak of. If it wasn't for his checkbook or the deal he made with China, they'd have been out of business in 2016. Again...good for him.

Their QC problems are inherent with their business strategy. They could have taken steps to improve them many years ago and the fact that they still haven't says much. As far as doing something that hasn't been done....not exactly. They relied heavily on suppliers who have been doing it for...eons. They got a former GM/Toyota factory handed to them that was nearly plug and play. In the cases where they decided to "do it better", rarely did it work out as planned (Model 3 production line ring any bells?) and they often ended up accepting their losses and resorting to traditional methods. Elon has admitted as much in recent years. Their attitude against traditional OEM's and methods cost them dearly.

Many don't see "more software driven" as a plus. Dare I say most don't? Calling the company's faults a wash vs. it's AI is one thing. Saying that they're somehow a LOT better is a stretch. Why...because you can have it make fart noises? I'm pretty sure the analysts are with me on this one. Again....brand loyalty. Let's not turn this thread into a Tesla cost of ownership discussion but comparing it to your trucks is a bit of a stretch, yes? Unless of course you're using it to haul your sleds or other misc. crap around? It's pretty much a wash long term compared to vehicles in it's class....give or take if you got one that ended up needing a bunch of warranty/service work.

I have a lot of admiration for what Elon has done and how his products have influenced the industry. However, I've seen a lot of crappy things too. You might be surprised to learn that Tesla is more interested in what other OEM's are doing than other OEM's are interested in what Tesla is doing. Take that for whatever it's worth. At the end of the day, from the perspective of someone who has made the majority of their living in the auto industry for 30 years, Tesla is no better than the rest...they're just different. Tit for tat.

This discussion has been fun but a bit off-topic. Wanna talk about vaccine mandates instead?
I'm bored watching football now so I'll bite.

1) "Zero assets to speak of". Yeah, I guess if you parse out the $20B in cash, the rather large IP portfolio in the heavily sought after AI/ML/EV spaces, their three factories and social capital that can only be compared to a handful of companies on the planet...sure. Why don't you just google their balance sheet before saying ridiculously stupid things? I'm not a buyer of Tesla stock, but to suggest they have "no assets" is like saying "Google has no assets". You likely have no understanding of the immense value technology brings to the fray and how valuing tech asks the analyst to apply a different lens.

2) Show me the other self driving (or self steering) that goes about 150 miles for $3.50.

3) Have you used their AI systems? Do you understand how impressive they are? Its an AMAZING feat. You can't build real world usable (improving) AI without software that can learn, and this learning system is based around constant updates. If you don't see how cool it is the car can continually update itself based on a neural net that is consistently improving based on all the other cars on the network, I don't know what to tell you. You don't see the power of closed loop machine learning based software development.

4) Tesla more interested in what the OEMs are doing rather than the OEMs are more interested in Tesla? Have you looked at what the big companies are hiring around. AI, machine learning and electric. Tell me again how the tail wags the dog?

I have no doubts the company had a lot of problems in the early 2010s through mid 2010s, and the company is FAR from perfect. But if you want a glimpse into the future, or you want to see something that is actually disruptive, its the best example I've seen in over a decade. Again, the closest analogy is what Apple did to the phone world. The iPhone was SO far beyond where BB was it was like looking at a jet when everything else was piston powered.

Premium Features