• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Kmod skid on Gen5 vs stock skid

96STOMMY96

Dec 3, 2020
Idaho Falls
Just curious as to those that have done the swap on their Gen 5’s to the Kmod skid, does the sled still pack the skis like it does on the stock skid? Or is it more tame and collapsing before its wheelie time?

D
Dec 22, 2018
Funny how nobody is talking about torsion springs anymore. Ski-Doo wiped the field with G5 with those ancient torsion springs! How is this possible lol

Best handling sled, best flotation and best climber on the mountain. And with torsion springs. Crazy

P
Dec 5, 2009
Hood
I can’t comment on the G5 specifically but it’s the same skid KMod has for both G4 and G5. The KMod is similar to the stock G4 skid on the lowest coupling setting (as far as wheelie capacity) and as you increase the coupling blocks it climbs better/keeps the skis down more than stock for sure.

I set my shocks up to be more playful/ wheelie oriented and when you’re having trouble getting up and out of somewhere all you have to do is crank up the coupling blocks. The G5 is a better skid than the G4 but mostly because there’s no more side to side tmotion BS but still a step below Polaris skids in my opinion. If I get a G5 I’ll get a KMod and if I get a Polaris I probably won’t.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
I can’t comment on the G5 specifically but it’s the same skid KMod has for both G4 and G5. The KMod is similar to the stock G4 skid on the lowest coupling setting (as far as wheelie capacity) and as you increase the coupling blocks it climbs better/keeps the skis down more than stock for sure.

I set my shocks up to be more playful/ wheelie oriented and when you’re having trouble getting up and out of somewhere all you have to do is crank up the coupling blocks. The G5 is a better skid than the G4 but mostly because there’s no more side to side tmotion BS but still a step below Polaris skids in my opinion. If I get a G5 I’ll get a KMod and if I get a Polaris I probably won’t.
only G5 skid without t motion is the expert.

Premium Features