• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Kit choices, tough decisions 2017

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Funny guys , never said anything about my ride being the best since I beat it up too .

Seems like what I stated was pretty much verified by the manufacture in better detail . So quit trying to derail the question .

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
Here's how every thread on here goes:

1) someone asks a question

2) The usual few timbersled guys pipe up and say TS is the best and anyone who doesnt think so is an R-tard.

3) Then a few of the other usual guys pipe up and argue

4) useless posts here.

5) Around here is when the one snowhawk guy chimes in randomly with a "guys, snowhawk is really the best and had this figured out 15 years ago and blah blah"

6) Most Fellas ignore snowhawk guy. Maybe one person gets sucked in and replies to him.

7) Everything calms down and moves on.

dude i'm dying over here. +10 internets to you, sir

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
Hey Norma...

I have and old overload airbag off a 1 ton I can sell ya for a strut shock....:face-icon-small-ton

N
Mar 21, 2016
NW oregon
Thanks for the video that was helpful. The only thing that looks questionable to me is the way the ski mounts on the fork. Looks like it could put a lot of stress on the axle clamp or possibly slip forward which may not be a big deal. I've seen fork clamps break at that point before on street bikes and the implications of a failure in that mode sound like a recipe for an ER visit.

G
Nov 15, 2015
Fargo
There are quite a few using this ski mount on every kit. It is a much better design then the clamp on style mounts. People have bent the D bar and saved a set of forks.

Also if you were to break the axle clamp, it's a pretty solid bet it would have bent and ruined the forks using any of the kits on the market anyway.

Premium Features