• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

help installing cpc side vents

V
Jul 4, 2008
orem, utah
looking for suggestions or tips before i start cutting up my panels to install my side vents for my m1000 that i got from cutlers. they are the lower side vents for each side. any tips would be great. thanks!

Vernon

E
Mar 6, 2009
The Heebs
Kinda funny how they don't give you any directions, eh?

Line up the CPC panels and mark the rivet holes. Remove the side panels and the heat shields located inside. You'll notice that inside the panels there is a shape that matches the vent shape on the CPC units. Using a jig saw, cut the shape out of the side panels. Once the piece is removed line up the vent panels and check to see if there is any material that still needs to be removed. Using the jig saw, trim the hole edges to perfectly line up with the vents. Next drill the pilot holes in the locations previously marked on the side panels. Line up the CPC units and rivet those babies on there. Now go rip.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
not to offend you or anything but that way doesnt work at all, we did that on our M1000 and there is no support behind the vents. You need to use a hole saw, take a look at fastlanes web site, you can kinda see how they did it. It is a pretty big hole saw, you can fit 3 holes in the biggest section of the vent, but dont put holes where the plastic v is on the vent. You get way more support this way and the screens wont push through. If cut out everything behind the vent you will be replacing them all of the time.

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
I used thick paper turned the vent upside down used a crayon to outline cut it out taped it to the panel and used a jigsaw. I did'nt use the cutlers i had but its the same idea i found the material on the cutlers the ones i had just pulled off with ease thats why i used my other vents. I would think if you could pull it of that easy i would do it use it for the pattern then get some spray on glue re-glue and put back on then rivet panel on. JMT

Team Pigeon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2006
Pass Creek, BC.
BEFORE you cut the clutch side,

Notice the tombstone looking piece of plastic there. Do not cut that part out- it'll bore into your vents and tear them up.

I also had Cutler vents but they kinda sucked. I had to re-wrap them with a stronger material (vinyl cover fiberglass mesh from Walmart).

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
the material is very thin and flimsy, but it does keep the snow out 100% except when they rip:p. If you put a metal mesh over them i think they would be fine, even just like the stuff on a screen door for some more support. They look pretty good though

Premium Features