• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 Axys PTO side bearing failue

L
Feb 1, 2010
The sled is a 2017 Polaris Axys 800 with 2040 miles with a boondocker sidekick at 4 PSI. I was on the trail back last season when my sled showed a DET code and started to knock and lost all power. Just now getting into the engine and the top end looks great, however the PTO side connecting rod lower bearing is cooked with a lot of play. Couple of questions before I start the rebuild.
What could have caused the failure?
I was thinking about going with a build crank from Utah Crankshaft, good or stay away?
While I am in there, what else should be replaced? ( I am going to do a top end refresh)
cr.jpg

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
I would suggest going to Indy Spec for crank as they are doing the Crank PTO side main bearing a little different . I had one of my 2018 AXYS take out a pto main bearing and did very little damage But I sent the crank and case to INDY and they re did the crank with the rod bearings and PTO main and no problems on that sled in the last year and looking forward to SNOW here in wyoming !!
gtwitch in wyoming

Premium Features