• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help with accessories 12 volt plug

P
Dec 15, 2018
So I need keyed fused 12 volts at my tunnel for my ski boot bag (it’s heated) yeah I know it’s kinda dumb but putting on cold boots is dumber. So my dealer told me to look clutch side for it and I couldn’t find it. I found one at the battery. Perfect it’s close. Then the dealer says sorry it’s muffler side in main harness. We’ll shoot. I tested both plugs. Both are the same. Nothing key off, nothing just key on , 14 volts + or - when engines running. So they are the same thing correct? I don’t want to start a fire or blow a fuse or some dumb thing . The mopro ski rack/boot bag said he just wanted a keyed and fused 12 volt accessory plug. I didn’t ask about Amos and stuff I actually wouldn’t know to be honest. Any help ? Thanks Charlie . Pictures are just the two plugs. Ones in the battery box (not the tender one) other in main harness going to fuses

576FD834-383B-4DC1-BC58-D464C269EF9A.jpeg E8589A57-6548-498E-9FC8-D2E9E6192C1C.jpeg

J
Dec 10, 2023
Atlanta
So I need keyed fused 12 volts at my tunnel for my ski boot bag (it’s heated) yeah I know it’s kinda dumb but putting on cold boots is dumber. So my dealer told me to look clutch side for it and I couldn’t find it. I found one at the battery. Perfect it’s close. Then the dealer says sorry it’s muffler side in main harness. We’ll shoot. I tested both plugs. Both are the same. Nothing key off, nothing just key on , 14 volts + or - when engines running. So they are the same thing correct? I don’t want to start a fire or blow a fuse or some dumb thing . The mopro ski rack/boot bag said he just wanted a keyed and fused 12 volt accessory plug. I didn’t ask about Amos and stuff I actually wouldn’t know to be honest. Any help ? Thanks Charlie . Pictures are just the two plugs. Ones in the battery box (not the tender one) other in main harness going to fuses

Pm me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P
Dec 15, 2018
I was told today that a two stroke has no keyed 12 volt source and that it’s only hot when running. I was also told to just wire in a switch to the battery and that would be fine. I can’t believe a guy can buy a brand new vehicle from a dealer and get no answers to any questions or get the answer “I don’t know?” So stupid that you can’t buy a service manual too that’s just dumb as well. I could just follow a diagram and be done instead of type to ghosts on the internet

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Ever considered you’re doing something no one else does?

There are no stereos or dome lights etc to key power for.

A switch or just unplug your box when powered off are your easiest solutions to not kill your battery.

Sleds also don’t produce much extra power to support add ons.

sksnopro

Premium Member
Apr 13, 2009
sask,Canada
There are no key on power outlets on the 2 strokes, not on Cat's for many years. Running power directly from the battery is probably the only option.

P
Dec 15, 2018
Ok I appreciate it. I just asked the dealer and they said there was for stuff like heated seats and windshields and stuff more for touting I suppose. The wire they recommended is capped in the main harness beneath the hood plug in and it’s just hot when running. Dunno if it is fussed but I’d assume so. It’s just odd to me that the people that sell these don’t k or that much about them sometimes. I asked for help with other stuff before with same results. Iam sure a performance oriented shop would. Guess I learn on my own about some stuff. Did the same thing with shocks on my hardcore. Good thing iam not hardcore . Thanks

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
Dealers sale sometimes 100's of toys by different manufactures. They can't possibly know everything about every toy they sale. Especially a brand know model.
They should however be happy to find out for you.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
When I took my ‘20 alpha in last month to get the fuel rail recall done, the manager didn’t even know how to open the side panel to look for the battery……….that is under the seat. This is the reason I don’t let anyone work on my stuff outside of recalls or warranty.

P.s. Country cat usually has the service manuals available on their site. Not sure if they have the catalyst up yet though.

P
Dec 15, 2018
I did leave a message for country cats tech department so maybe they will answer. I just don’t want to fry anything or start a fire or void my warranty or I dunno. I tried so hard to wear cold boots and I couldn’t. This bag boot warmer is awsome when your going in specifically to ski. Lol. I did google the Milwaukee battery hack and lots of guys doing that for heated suits and socks and stuff for ice fishing and I dunno. So yeah that’s a legit option.

Premium Features