• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Light scoring on PTO side piston?

B
May 27, 2020
I’ve been doing some pre season maintenance and general inspections on my sled, I looked in the exhaust ports to get a visual on my pistons. Mag side looked great with hardly any of the coating worn off. The PTO side showed small amounts of damage and a good bit of the coating worn off. Any insight on what would cause this? Pistons are OEM with about 700 miles on them, running 5lbs of boost

View recent photos.jpg
IMG_8174.jpeg

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
Better check on the possibility of the PTO side bearing coming apart as this happened last year to one of our machines and lost the cyl and had indy dan do the crank and lower end they had the cyl re nico silled and I re-assembled in our shop here. Indy Spec said they had seen a fair number of the Polaris AXYS 800 PTO bearing do this.

B
May 27, 2020
Better check on the possibility of the PTO side bearing coming apart as this happened last year to one of our machines and lost the cyl and had indy dan do the crank and lower end they had the cyl re nico silled and I re-assembled in our shop here. Indy Spec said they had seen a fair number of the Polaris AXYS 800 PTO bearing do this.
Thanks for the heads up! I’m gonna open it up and have a look around just to be safe. Rather fix it now than when it’s snowing outside.

Premium Features