• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Greenwater Grooming Contract...DISAPPOINTMENT!

H
Oct 1, 2016
I just talked to Travis with Back Country Plowing and Grooming and found out that they didn't get the Greenwater Grooming Contract. R & R Grooming got it again, I am disappointed what do you think?

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
I don't know the politics behind your question, or is it just a question of who does a better job, but they could totally get their crap together with respect to plowing/grooming/closing/ opening the road. That's for sure.
I love riding there, but most of the time it's a gong show. Gotta chain up but then some d bag has th road blocked. Or ride up from lower lot on good snow just to drive out on friggen gravel.
That whole setup is not nice there.

B

backcountrysnowbikes

Nov 12, 2011
Orting Washington
the contract was up for bid this year. we put in a very competitive bid and lost. I think a lot of people wanted change. thanks Matt for what I would think is a compliment thanks. we will use our new cats we bought for the contract over in the randle packwood area.

Travis

H
Oct 1, 2016
Not political at all. I am new to riding and experienced exactly what you did last year, I agree a real gong show. I met Travis by accident and was hopeful that the grooming would improve this year at Greenwater. Maybe I will try the Randle/Packwood area where he will be grooming.

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
Not political at all. I am new to riding and experienced exactly what you did last year, I agree a real gong show. I met Travis by accident and was hopeful that the grooming would improve this year at Greenwater. Maybe I will try the Randle/Packwood area where he will be grooming.

Greenwater has been a $hit Show since the 90's even before the changed the road from old park to new park. It's always something at that place, road is icy or ****ed, people crashed all
Over the place, get back to the truck and your rig broke into, there's always something negative happen at that place and it's not even anything special to ride.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Haven't been broke into, thankfully. Could see that with the sheer number of weirdos driving up there. Must be the escape from Enumscratch destination for shiiit heads!
I like the area to take my kids to cause on a pow day there's a bunch of meadows to rip up and tons of roads and in my limited experince good grooming save for the crap show getting in there. Plus it's close/easy to get to and the only close option when I 90 gets closed down but last year pissd me off big time. Parked off the road about halfway up in the morning because the gong show happened just up the road to the upper lot. Came back out with my 2 boys 9 and 12 y/o and the road was plowed to dirt! Not running my shiny snow bike down that crap nor my Pro I let the older boy ride that day. So I commandered the fan sled and drove down to the truck to bring the trailer up. Got back up there and kids were scared to shat because some non snowmobilers were eyeballing the machines and most of the sledders had already left (it was late we had a Banner day).
On second thought I'm kinda done with that area and helping every f tard on a 1992 el Tigre get unstuck.

J
Jan 29, 2012
grooming meeting 11 7 16

Hello,
We would like to remind everyone there is a grooming meeting this coming Monday night,*November*7th*at 7:00pm and everyone is welcomed to attend.
As always it is held the first Monday of each month throughout the season at Clem’s shop in Enumclaw at 408 Roosevelt Ave, which is also known as Enumclaw Suzuki, Polaris, Yamaha, Ski-Doo.
These*grooming meetings*are basically for the Greenwater area, and if you simply want more information about grooming or if you have any comments, recommendations, suggestions, or concerns regarding the grooming in this area, this is your chance to*voice your opinion.

Sno-Jammers Snowmobile club

Lomark

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2012
Western Washington
Groomers

Meetings have been a waste of time! These guys couldn't groom the hair on there own A**s. Equipment broke down half the time!!
They actually do a fair job when there club is having an event at the meadows.

Premium Features