• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Goodbye to Klim (and their diminishing-warranty)....looking for other options

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
I have had just the oppisite with Klim!! have never had any issues with there warranty of there products. They are the best IMO!!
After looking at the picture I would say they are damaged. With holes in the knees that would cause the product to fail. It not a product issue. I know how those kinds of holes get in the knees, I have a pair just like them.. I use them now for winter RZR fun. I would really dought that any other brand would warranty there products any different.
Good luck with your next purchase.

H

hoov165x

Apr 12, 2009
Bend, OR
I bought my first Klim gear over 15 years ago and haven't had to buy new gear since. I am now on my 3rd set of pants and jacket because of Klim's outstanding warranty department- all at no cost to me. My gear was used but not abused and showed no outward signs of wear- the leaks were due to the Gore-Tex just plain wearing out.

I don't blame Klim for denying the OP's warranty claim as there was obvious damage to the garment due to abuse (or sharp running board edges). I get a kick out of these forums where some people seem to think they're entitled..... You ripped your gear up, why should somebody else pay for that?

A
Apr 30, 2008
Anch, AK
Love my freeride pants but I wear an Arctyrex shell and mid layer. It's the same shell I wear when I ice climb. Arctyrex has never let me down and has held up great even when I wear it to work in the winter. The above pictures look to be damage in my opinion. The fact is when a guy rides in the mountains gear does not last forever, it gets worn out. For the guys in AK go to or call Alaska tent and tarp. They have scraps of ballistic nylon they will give you or sell for a few dollars. They make excellent knee patches or cuff reinforcement on the legs.

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo
I sent in my togwotee bibs that I got from klim for free two years ago because I sent in a warranty claim on my old bibs. There was some rips and tears in the knee/shin area, but the biggest problem with them was the right leg zipper fell off while riding and the zipper tried to unzip on me. So I taped the leg so the zipper wouldn't come all the way undone. Rode for another two months with them like this. Would get a little wet but that was because of my fault with the tears. I mainly wanted the zipper fixed so I could use them for another season but klim wouldn't touch them and sent them back. Said there was too much damage. I think it depends on the situation and the damage. I had good luck with the gear I'm just hard on it. Would buy it again but too expensive for me right now so going to try something else. I do like their boots.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
Had 2 year old extreme bibs with similar wear as ReTodd (some wear on knee area), and sent them in because my azz was getting wet, not my knees. They offered to fix the knee for $80 and told me the bibs were past their useful life. If thats their policy, fine, but i will be trying out another company to see if i can get more longevity and a possibly better support. Klim makes nice stuff, but when its not waterproof after 2 years (yes it was properly maintained) I see no reason to pay the premium for the gear.

Indy_500

Lifetime Membership
Jul 8, 2011
Greenville, WI
I had a 2 year old pair of gloves warrantied a month ago, stitching came undone. They were supposed to be replaced but gloves were on backorder, I'm supposed to have them by mid October so should have them any day now I hope. I just bought a Valdez jacket and extreme bibs, can't wait to try them out. Pretty stoked to get them both brand new for $550 (last years models) Love my adrenaline gtx boots going on year #4, the plastic ends on the laces ripped off, Klim even sent me new ones for free. I would not buy anything but Klim, also a Klim poster boy here...

R
Nov 15, 2013
SE Wisconsin
I'm not a big fan of posts like this. Without pictures they are worthless and even with pictures they can be worthless. I remember a post just like this a few years ago by a guy making the same kind of claim on a pair of gloves. When he posted pictures they were close ups of one finger with a stitch that was cut. Another snowester happened to stop by Klim and ask about the gloves involved in the claim and Klim showed him their pictures of the gloves. Turns out the reason for the close up picture was the glove in question had been burned almost in half.

You can say what you want about the Klim warranty but I here about guys getting gear warrantied that's 10 years old. My guess would be Klim probably warranties a lot more stuff that shouldn't be then they deny that should be.

And what's the ratio here? So a few guys post that they know of a couple denied claims. So how many is that to the hundreds of thousands of articles sold, as well as how many have been repaired? I'm sure I'd be frustrated as well, it's always a sticky situation.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
My son had a pair of adrenaline boots that were leaking and the sole was separating. Sent them in a couple weeks ago and they sent a new pair and got them today. Only time I sent in for warranty, but that seems good to me.

B

benny7cfan

Sep 11, 2009
MN
Just had my first experience with the Klim warranty process. I had a pair of adrenaline boots leaking. The boots will be replaced and I could not ask for more. A very positive experience for me.

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK
In general, as a Klim dealer, I find our warranty claims have been handled better with more success as each year passes. We don't have a lot of trouble with stuff getting rejected aside from the usual wear and tear. In those cases, they've been more than reasonable at offering to fix the garmet for a price.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
To each their own, is what I say....

... the OP is simply stating his thoughts and opinions about a warranty that didn't work out in his best interest.
To call him a whiner, in my opinion, is a bit juvenile, but once again, his opinion.

I have Klim gear, and it works well. I also have Motorfist gear that works well as well, so no dog in this fight....

Ace

R
Nov 27, 2007
Cantaffordus, WA
www.mbhc.net
I'd really love it if anyone wants to chime in about other brand options and their experience with them.

I didn't even ride my normal 3k miles the last two years and I need my gear to not wear out in one season. Any other brands a little more durable?

Rt

Last edited:

Cooksend

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
So many great options for gear. I have jumped on the FXR Mountain bandwagon for the last 4 years and I am always dry! Great fit and the gear holds up to getting beat up in the U.P. of Michigan where the only thing to ride is Tree's.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
I'd really love it if anyone wants to chime in about other brand options and their experience with them.

I didn't even ride my normal 3k miles the last two years and I need my gear to not wear out in one season. Any other brands a little more durable?

Rt

I sold my Klim bibs and went with C3 Sled Gear and I won't look back. I used their gear all last winter and I'm totally sold on it (I have the pants and full zip jacket). If you follow them on Facebook you might already have seen this, but there are some good deals on their left over gear. Its a good opportunity to get something new for a good price.
These posts are copied off their FB page. If you haven't liked them on FB yet, get on it and follow them. Lots of up-to-date info and deals and giveaways!

www.C3SLEDGEARUSA.com
------------------------------------------------------
C3 SLED GEAR
October 10
Special offer for our Facebook followers. We will be offering you huge savings on our clothes until Dec 1st.

$150 Black Tampico 1/4 zip.
$175 Black Tampico Full zip.
$175 Black Tampico pants.

Sizes are very limited so message us for product availability.

Don't follow, lead!
------------------------------------------------------
C3 SLED GEAR
October 14
After shipping product today here is what we have left.....Not a ton.

Tampico 1/4 zips (Black)
5 XL
5 L
3 Med
1 small

Tampico Full zips (Black)
1 XL
9 Large
1 Med

Tampico Pants (Black)
4 XL
2 SM

Get your orders in before its to late! Just message us and we will handle your order.
------------------------------------------------------------------

C

C3SLEDGEAR

Mar 13, 2013
We are here and not leaving. For 2015-2016 you will get a much more "in your face" marketing campaign. We have spent the last 3 years developing a gear that will set our company apart from everyone else. Like us on Facebook for more details; kind of a secret shop right now!

Lead don't follow......C3

Premium Features