• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Do you have a minimum dollar amount before turning in warranty claim?

K
Nov 30, 2008
Reno, NV
Been going over this today in my head.

I bought the extra three year warranty for $1500 on my 2021 A/C Alpha. Noticed a 1" crack on the rear scissor arm that attaches to the skid. Can have part shipped to me for a little over $60, less than an hour to install. Done. Eat the cost and labor

Certain it would be covered under warranty. Drive an hour to nearest dealer. Make appointment for them to see it. Wait for approval, wait for them to order part and install. Spend diesel fuel for two trips, plus down time of maybe two+ weeks.

Season is so short, I need to ride every opportunity. But, I did pay for a warranty. Do you have a minimum $$ amount before you go through the warranty process?

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
In this instance I would buy an aftermarket arm and be back to riding. Something like a primary clutch, rail, or motor are different stories. So I guess in my opinion, that dollar amount is probably $400 or the cost of a rail.

D
Jan 2, 2009
Coquitlam, BC
And that's the problem with paying for extra warranty. It really is only good for engine and clutch components. Everything else is either cheap to repair or considered wear and tear or abuse. I don't buy it because unless you have had a major warranty claim every 3 years, it is cheaper to self insure......

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I get the basic warranty as that covers sleds longer then I plan on owning them and have yet to have a claim truly worth using anyways in the last 5 years.

I guess the way I look at it, whats your time worth? couple hours, plus travel Id assume is worth a little more then $60... to me, seems like you answered your own question.

I fix most all of my small stuff regardless of warranty or not even though our dealer is literally like 10 minutes from the house. Unless its $250 in parts or more and a major hassle to do labor wise I'll always do it myself. I also trust myself a bit more then the shop guys that get turned over every few months too.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
For what it's worth, my alpha has been in the shop for warranty work for ten months.
I'd ask your dealer if the part is available to them. If it is have them fix it cause it's what ya paid for
If they can't get it in good time diy

Premium Features