• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Front cooler removal?

MR MOOSE

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2008
Gods country B.C. !
Ok so maybe this is a stupid question? I haven't torn into it yet to even look and won't be able too for a few days so I thought maybe someone could just answer my question?
Is it possible/worth it/stupid to remove my front cooler in my M1000 to allow more room for my 3" track? I totally understand that 7t drivers will give me an extra 1/2" but I was wondering if it's better to keep the flatter attack angle with the 8t and ditch the cooler for clearance? Or is the real clearance problem in the front of the tunnel at the top where the cooler won't change anything anyway?
My thoughts were if it was possible jerk the cooler out and put a 1/8" piece of aluminum in its place to keep the rigidity of the bulkhead intact. I have removed the small rear cooler and replaced it with the Vanamburg large double pass cooler already. So I'd assume cooling wouldn't be an issue?
This is on a 1000 RG turbo mind you.
Just a thought, maybe I'm way out in right field here haha who knows?
Thanks in advance??

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
due to the way the front cooler makes up the structure of the bulkhead IMO i think your creating way more problem rather than just trading the drivers. many guys say you can just put in the 3" with the 8t. I had a 2.6 on a tm1 and it had about 3/4 of clearance.

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
Ok so maybe this is a stupid question? I haven't torn into it yet to even look and won't be able too for a few days so I thought maybe someone could just answer my question?
Is it possible/worth it/stupid to remove my front cooler in my M1000 to allow more room for my 3" track? I totally understand that 7t drivers will give me an extra 1/2" but I was wondering if it's better to keep the flatter attack angle with the 8t and ditch the cooler for clearance? Or is the real clearance problem in the front of the tunnel at the top where the cooler won't change anything anyway?
My thoughts were if it was possible jerk the cooler out and put a 1/8" piece of aluminum in its place to keep the rigidity of the bulkhead intact. I have removed the small rear cooler and replaced it with the Vanamburg large double pass cooler already. So I'd assume cooling wouldn't be an issue?
This is on a 1000 RG turbo mind you.
Just a thought, maybe I'm way out in right field here haha who knows?
Thanks in advance����

Doo pulled there's out. Now its back in.. They say the area fills up with ice and snow anyway

Premium Features