• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Float 2 for m7?

K
Oct 5, 2013
Hey,
I have an m7 with the standard coil over shocks. I see that they make fox float 1 in 17.5, but I've heard that the float 1 have had lots of problems. The float 2s for AC don't come in 17.5, but the polaris model does. Would it be possible to use that on an m7?

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
Hey,
I have an m7 with the standard coil over shocks. I see that they make fox float 1 in 17.5, but I've heard that the float 1 have had lots of problems. The float 2s for AC don't come in 17.5, but the polaris model does. Would it be possible to use that on an m7?

like what kind of problems? I've had the float 1s and they were just fine. by the way you can get shocks shortened to fit your application

Mar 10, 2013
Have the Float 1s in my M7 and have Zero problems. Mine is the LE came with them. Would also like to hear the problems there having.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
They won't list an application for the float 2s or 3s for the m7 because they didn't make them when the m7's were made. The m chassis didn't change geometry on the front end from 05 to 11 so shocks off of any year m8 or m1000 will work. The valving in the shock needs to be for this chassis too, so even though the polaris shock will fit, it will not function like it should.

T
Dec 31, 2007
Invermere,Bc
I have the Float 1 on my m7 LE and I like them. the only down fall is there is no rebound speed adjustment. but on the positive side, very easy to service the air can, plush and light.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Can you use Fox2 off of Proclimb 13' and put them straight onto a 05-2011?

I just had a discussion about this with one of the Fox reps a few weeks ago. I bought a used set of Foat X evols on here that supposedly came off of an m-chassis sled. Called fox when I got them with the part number to verify (should have done that before purchase) and they were the wrong shock for that application. A little too short, but they match up perfectly for putting on my new pro-lite so I wasn't too put out by it.

There are a few minor issues with running a little shorter shock. The first one is that to keep the ride height up where you want, you will have run more air pressure and it will not ride as nice. The second is that if you bottom out the front end on hard pack snow, the belly pan will hit just before the shock stops its travel. This will cause the skis to loose grip momentarily. Not really a big issue in most mountain riding senarios, but if you hit a nasty trail mogul entering/exiting a corner on the trail at high speed it could cause some unwanted sideways movement of the sled. Just food for thought.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
The shocks off of a pro-climb with a 38" front end are 17.1" long and the m-series are 17.55" I think. Not sure how long the ones off of a 40" pro-climb front end are. 2014 pro-climbs use smaller bolts for mounting.

J

johnleu

Dec 11, 2008
Montrose, Colorado
Shocks

Talk to Andy. That guy knows his stuff. Awesome response and great info. I am sending everything to him to valve and size. Thanks for all the input and comments.

Premium Features