• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DuraMax - First Place in PM Test.....Looks like the Dodge took home last place

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
Well, I am a Ford guy and I thought the superduty with all the fanfare would have done better, especially in the MPG area. 11 mpg empty? Come on!! That is v-10 type numbers right there......

Your right, they all have their strong points and weak points, but I was suprised by the DuraMax...

Thought people might find this interesting reading!:D

W
Nov 26, 2007
Iowa
Ford MPG

Wtf? Guys the horrid MPG of the new fords is soley created by the DPF and the 2008 Emission standards! we have been playing with the South american Eprom on a blank computer and without the DPF and moderate settings the MPG that i will claim is estonishing with #'s crunched VS the emisions of 1/2 the mpg compaired to what the unDPF'ed engine puts out its a freekin wash! Were being hosed! were enviro friendly and lining the Oilmans pockets! its a WIN WIN FOR BIG OIL!

UnDPF'ed 6.4 Put out 2/3rds the milage of a Dpfed 6.4 and a hell of alot more power. without throwing excessive smoke, they produced nearly the same emissions comparitive to beathing the hell out of a Dpfed 6.4 and you didnt line an oil mans pockets with double the money!!!!!!!! its Bull**** when will we learn!!!!

kinda like the manufactures posting 1/3 less milage in the window of FFV autos to pull some of the hatred off themselves!!!!

S

snoblinders

the new gm's are nice, Thinking about trading my 04 for an 08 but lots of $$$$$$$$$

ya i was looking at trading my '05 Dodge in on a new cheby but i need to get the aok on the warranty with the DPF gone, cause that would be coming off before i even made it home! then a PPE downloader and some tranny work, a lift and well you know it just goes on from there.

I think all the new trucks with the DPF are gonna have peeps looking back at gassers. cant really get any more power without fuggin the DPF and the mileage sucks with that crap on.

H

Highmarker

Nov 20, 2004
In the west!
I am partial to Dodge and GM but I think they are all going to be a great truck. They will all have thier good points and bad......Just like a sled....drive what ya like

B
Nov 26, 2007
so, what i read in this article is that they liked everything about the ford better than any truck out there EXCEPT the performance... better interior, better brakes, better chassis, etc... just needs more ballz... probably a minor calibration issue that could be fixed with a quick reprogram of the ECU... imho, a minor price to pay for what is superior in every other way...

F
Nov 26, 2007
Elk Ridge, Ut
I've seen two other tests like this. Both of those had the Ford at the top. But they had the Ford staying right with the Duramax with a bigger load than they tested with here. Both of them had the Dodge at the bottom too.

Premium Features