• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Does anyone here tear out their foam under the hood/panels?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
If stock clutching calibration is good enough for 97% of all of you, why isn’t leaving foam in good enough for 97% of you?
Also… people come on here and ask if they need to break a sled in before putting their GGB mountain can on, and then ask why their secondary clutch is still loose after they put a 3 foot bar on it and stood on the fugger cuz it was loose… aaaaand then long time member here proceeds to tell those same people that the factory clutching is junk and they should probably get out their feeler gauge and reshim their spider. Cmon. This person has never changed a belt or turned a wrench. Pump the brakes.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I leave 97% of the foam on and over time 3% finds it's way into 97% of my clutch.

Same here. Probably why I nuked my first belt on TeamTCCSAxys. 3% Foam.
I think Jay nailed it being so 2011.

We hear about the 1%ers in the real world.

We now have the 3%ers in the sled world.

Since they also rationalize the removal as a zero cost to perform, I can only imagine they are trust fund kids with endless time and zero responsibility. My time of labor spent modifying sleds always costs me some amount of money regardless of my cost in parts. I better get back to work.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010

Since they also rationalize the removal as a zero cost to perform, I can only imagine they are trust fund kids with endless time and zero responsibility. My time of labor spent modifying sleds always costs me some amount of money regardless of my cost in parts. I better get back to work.
Somebody get this guy a gold star, holy chit he works hard.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Data point: my clutch side foam (with some moisture still retained, after panel was removed and sat for 3 days in front of a heater and fan in warm garage) weighed 19 ounces.

FREE weight savings for all the weight weenies out there. Get it.

C
Dec 14, 2020

Most people aren't working at every waking hour. I know I don't get paid to drink beer and screw off in the shop, but I can strip foam while I drink beer and screw off in the shop.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Anyone have some good pre and post-foam removal ride reviews? Mostly concerned with how much better/more plentiful the re-entries are, if it the IG posts get more likes after removing foam, thks. And also if anyone makes a good foam removal kit yet

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
509 makes a foam removal kit that all the IG guys use. Unfortunately, like most of their products, you can't buy one as they're on back order and the company can't tell you where they're at or when they'll be back in stock.

Really? I couldn't find it... link?
Keith you have a live one!

Keep that tip up!!!!

Reel! Reel!

Premium Features