• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Demo sled not really a demo

R
Jan 21, 2018
The dealer handled it very well. The bolt was no big deal. The starting was a loose clip. They still gave me the additional 2 year warranty since the sled was not the “demo” they said it was. All in all I’m happy how it turned out. Turbo 850 with 80 miles and a 3 year warranty for 15,500. Thanks for chiming In everyone.

K
Apr 12, 2018
The dealer handled it very well. The bolt was no big deal. The starting was a loose clip. They still gave me the additional 2 year warranty since the sled was not the “demo” they said it was. All in all I’m happy how it turned out. Turbo 850 with 80 miles and a 3 year warranty for 15,500. Thanks for chiming In everyone.
Right on! Smoking deal, and like I said, a simple fix to not worry about. Now use social media to praise the dealer!

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
I’d be surprised if the dealer does anything for you. My wife bought a ski Doo 550 fan from a now defunct business in Reno several years ago. The salesman lied to us and said it had more horse power than an Arctic Cat M5. Checked it out a few days later and found out it has less HP. Called the dealer and talked to the manager. All he said was sorry, we can’t take it back as it’s a used sled as soon as it’s registered. He offered to let it sit on his show room floor and we could try to sell it as used. Yea right. Who would pay what we had in it with tax and CA. License over a cheaper brand new one. Some might say it was our fault for not checking into it ourselves before we purchased it, but we were new to the sport and trusted the salesman.

Snowman10

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 23, 2019
I would check for nicks in your clutch caused by the bolt bouncing around. This would cause the clutch to be unbalanced and possibly premature belt wear if the inside face was nicked up.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Using social media to trash a business is not a very outstanding thing to do. Resolve the issue with the dealer, if there is an issue. An overlooked bolt isnt the end of the world. The not starting issue was probably an easy fix as well. Mine was from a harness not plugged in all the way.

This wasn't about a bolt for the OP. When you have VIN number match to back it up, the dealer intentionally lied re: a direct question the OP was relying on for a + five figure purchase. Dealers can't have it both ways - praise the good and ignore the screwing on the bad. It's kinda what social media is about - you have a channel if you choose to use it, the irrational screamers and endless bashers are sorted out pretty fast, legit complaints like the OP's stand out. And, looks like the dealer did a 180, and the OP is satisfied. Few of us would be shocked if it was confirmed that the dealer saw or was told about the thread here while fixing the situation to the satisfaction of the OP. Lots of folks on these threads, and this situation stood out.

Premium Features