• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Could I glue this?(pics)

I
Nov 21, 2007
Boise, Idaho
I plan on sewing it with high test fishing line and then covering with goop this summer... Hopefully it will hold.

This method worked for me. Took a big chunk out of the side after I caught a tree trunk (the top of the tree) in one of the windows. Smoothed the edges out with a torch and cut a patch from an old track. I used berkley whiplash 65lb fishing line to stitch the pieces together (had to drill small pilot holes and feed the line through) covered in an epoxy, let it dry, sanded it down to smooth because I didn't do that great of a job the first time :))) and covered it again. It held up the entire rest of the season.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
I plan on sewing it with high test fishing line and then covering with goop this summer... Hopefully it will hold.

E6000 is from the makers of Goop and works much better!:beer;

Google E6000 and read up on it. Its rubber glue! and works awesome!:beer;

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Here's a picture of my repair I made with "Goop". Like I said earlier, it has lasted for three seasons now and shows no signs of failing.

DSC00056.jpg

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
It sure is, I though so too!

I use that "Goop" stuff for a lot of things now. It's really pretty amazing and really just a more consumer friendly version of the E-6000 everyone swore by. I talked to the company several times before I glued the track and I actually glued it in my unheated shop in January only using a portable electric heater to try to help it cure. Glueing it over the summer when it's a nice warm and consistant temperature should yield even better results. I used duct tape to make a "dam" along the edge of the track to form a new outer edge.

My track (like yours) was only a few months old when this happened and it's a Camo Extreme 162 x 16 and I jsut wasn't going to throw it away so I though I'd have to at least TRY to fix it.

Now, I wonder if some kind of tire paint or something would stick to it and make it look even better?

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
That's a definate MAYBE. I really can't tell how bad the damage is from the photos but, I know for sure that it will work on your buddy's forehead! :beer;

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
Braaap12... This is something YOU will have to decide weather you are comfortable with or not... In my situation I would try it.

My track (like yours) was only a few months old when this happened and it's a Camo Extreme 162 x 16 and I jsut wasn't going to throw it away so I though I'd have to at least TRY to fix it.
Same deal with me... Mine is a brand new 144X2.25X13.5 combo track on my spare sled... 03 F-7.
I just can't bring myself to throwing the track away, it is perfect other than the tear.
It will only be ridden a few times a year by my wife, or occasionally by me if I need a spare or possibly in the spring.
There are places that I may think twice about taking it, but most areas we ride are fairly easy to tow out of.

Premium Features