• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Composit Track M770 3R

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC
Installed a Composit track M770 3R part #LR03010 on my Gen 5 165 N/A. Track is very well made, looking very durable and the jury isn’t out yet on performance.
However it vibrates so bad on the front drive shaft area, it’s not rideable. With the machine turned on its side for trouble shooting it will vibrate the complete suspension. I believe it’s the stock drivers causing the problem, however this track is suppose to be a direct fit. The clips have chewed up the horizontal part of the drivers.I will try some powder freaks drivers to see if it alleviates the vibration, should have probably bought a stock Doo track.
Anyone else have problems with this track?IMG_8695.jpeg

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Are the aftermarket drivers a consistent diameter all the way around?

It would seem to me that the dip, or narrower radius, between the drive nubs would be causing a vibration as the track has to raise and lower as it is spun around the driver.
Curious about the drive lug spacing and those long drive windows. When in reverse, will it have a tendency to slip in the track until the drive nub encounteres the end of the window, and then repeat this when going forward again?
Also, the driver doesn't look overly wide on the shoulder of the non-drive section where the track window is spanning to the next driver. Maybe it's not an issue, but I would think a little wider driver would help span the window width.

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC
This is what I have learned with a measuring tape and visual.
After market drivers have the internal driver and external driver in line, unlike the Ski Doo OEM driver.
I did find others having wear on the OEM drivers via another forum.
The M 770 has wider drive nubs by 1/4 In terms of width that travel down the slider.
In short this M770 3R 3.5 pitch doesn't work with Ski Doo OEM 3.5 pitch Drivers.
It will work with after market powder freak drivers but is still ruff.

IMG_8748.jpeg IMG_8746.jpeg IMG_8743.jpeg IMG_8734.jpeg IMG_8733.jpeg IMG_8732.jpeg IMG_8787.jpeg IMG_8793.jpeg

Last edited:
D

Daner1978

Nov 26, 2022
Cottonwood Heights Utah
This is what I have learned with a measuring tape and visual.
After market drivers have the internal driver and external driver in line, unlike the Ski Doo OEM driver.
I did find others having wear on the OEM drivers via another forum.
The M 770 has wider drive nubs by 1/4 In terms of width that travel down the slider.
In short this M770 3R 3.5 pitch doesn't work with Ski Doo OEM 3.5 pitch Drivers.
It will work with after market powder freak drivers but is still ruff.
If I were you …I would go with Avid drivers! They are the BEST in the business. Good luck!👍🍀

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Way Better quality, better service, better delivery time, better business ethics. The last time I ordered drivers, dude mentioned he was going on vacation but said he would make my drivers and send them out before he left. Immediately charged my credit card, ghosted me and effed off on vacae. Dude basically used my money to go on vacae. Got my crappy drivers 3.5 weeks later. Crappy because it was like his machinery was old, sloppy and worn out. Out of round, out of square and unusable. Wobble drivers if you will. I couldn’t even fix them on the lathe they were so bad. Yes, they were that bad. I got attitude when I brought up the issues. He pretended he didn’t know about the horrible machining. Then he stuck me with shipping. Ftg. I shoulda ate corn and took a crap in the return box.

back on topic. M770

Last edited:
D

Daner1978

Nov 26, 2022
Cottonwood Heights Utah
Way Better quality, better service, better delivery time, better business ethics. The last time I ordered drivers, dude mentioned he was going on vacation but said he would make my drivers and send them out before he left. Immediately charged my credit card, ghosted me and effed off on vacae. Dude basically used my money to go on vacae. Got my crappy drivers 3.5 weeks later. Crappy because it was like his machinery was old, sloppy and worn out. Out of round, out of square and unusable. Wobble drivers if you will. I couldn’t even fix them on the lathe they were so bad. Yes, they were that bad. I got attitude when I brought up the issues. He pretended he didn’t know about the horrible machining. Then he stuck me with shipping. Ftg. I shoulda ate corn and took a crap in the return box.

back on topic. M770
Damn!!!🤣 Now that’s some funny ****! Same thing happened to me. ..! I guess his young son is into Motocross racing and when I called to order mine….he said same thing..” He was leaving for the weekend to take his boy racing” I ended up getting mine three weeks later, but they were perfect and have worked perfect ever since. Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. I will definitely keep powder freaks in mind for the future. 🤘👍🫵

Premium Features