• I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

Is it worth the extra money to get a 3.5 pitch track and drivers instead of another 2.86 track?

Sep 14, 2020
Alaska
My axys track is missing a few paddles and I put a bunch of traction screws in it for a hill climb so I'm gonna need to replace it for next season. I ride near summit lake in Alaska and when the snow is good it's usually bottomless dry powder that won't make a snowball. The 3inch Polaris tracks that I ride with seem to do really well in this kind of snow. I don't have any experience with aftermarket tracks but from what I've seen the composite m770 3R with 3.5 pitch looks like a pretty good track.

Is that a good track? and is it enough better than an m66 3R to justify spending $100 more on the track and another $300 on avid drivers? Are there other tracks that I should consider instead? How important is track weight? The m66 comes in 11lbs heavier than the m770 and the m770 is 7lbs more than the stock 2.6.

The composite tracks, IMO are noticeably heavier when picking up the rear end. I tested this with my stock 2.6 and a friends 3.0 composite I think m66. Granted mine is a 155 and his is a 163. Those 2 things really up the weight though. I dont think I would run one myself. I bought a new 2.6 from someone as a takeoff. I ride a turbo in colorado for reference.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
The composite tracks are multiply and as such are heavier than the single ply factory tracks. You will save some weight on the 3.5 vs 2.86 pitch tracks.

Premium Features